My clown wont eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mae17

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two clowns and the little orange one eats just fine. But the black one didn't eat at all today. What should I do?

Mae17 said:
I have two clowns and the little orange one eats just fine. But the black one didn't eat at all today. What should I do?

What are you feeding them? If they are new sometimes they are stressed. Is it the smaller of the two not eating?

Im feeding them pellets. I had frozen food too but I left it out by accident so I had to throw it out. And it's the female, the bigger one. And I have had them or a little under a month.

Is this the first time she hasn't eaten? Hmm...if you feed them tomorrow and she doesn't eat, look for any rubbing against objects, rapid breathing, and excess mucus. There is a very common disease called "brooknella" that affects clowns. It's actually a parasite. I don't want to worry you but to make you aware so if it is infected you can catch it before it would kill her. If by chance she is infected then QT both as its contagious...but for now, try to feed some brine shrimp tomorrow to see if she will go for that and watch her closely.

nikki_kaiser said:
Is this the first time she hasn't eaten? Hmm...if you feed them tomorrow and she doesn't eat, look for any rubbing against objects, rapid breathing, and excess mucus. There is a very common disease called "brooknella" that affects clowns. It's actually a parasite. I don't want to worry you but to make you aware so if it is infected you can catch it before it would kill her. If by chance she is infected then QT both as its contagious...but for now, try to feed some brine shrimp tomorrow to see if she will go for that and watch her closely.

Ok thanks :]

Back
Top Bottom