My cycle log - Started on 11/17/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishShack

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am going to keep a cycle log on here if its ok; follow if you want or ignore it's up to you. But I am getting excited as my ammo is going up already :popcorn:.

Started: 11/17/13 2:30pm (2 shrimp)

Date: 11/18/13 7:45pm
High PH: 8.0
Ammo: .7ppm
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0

I am about two months into my new set up.Good luck!It sure is teaching me patience...but it will be so worth it!
Good luck!

Yay for detailed record keeping during the cycle!
Honestly though, you can probably forego daily testing right now. I'd go every three days just to save test materials. Are you using live rock?

Date: 11/19/13 9:45pm
Ammo: 2.0 ppm
Nitrite: .10 ppm
Nitrate: 0 ppm

Are you kidding me!?! Nitrites in mere days? I'm so jealous! Lol. I'm beginning to forget when I started this cycle! Congrats and good luck!

I am about two months into my new set up.Good luck!It sure is teaching me patience...but it will be so worth it!
Good luck!

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is being tortured for so long! I'm working on that whole "patience" thing! ;) You're right tho...it'll be worth it!

Date: 11/20/13 10:20pm
Ammo: 3.0 ppm
Nitrite: .25 ppm
Nitrate: 0 ppm

Everything I am using is in my Signature below. I am using Glacier Water from there vending machine at SafeWay.

I want to keep an exact log, It keeps me busy...waiting...:popcorn:

just a suggestion, but look into the Aquaplanner app (if you have an apple device). its prob the best app out there for our hobby

just a suggestion, but look into the Aquaplanner app (if you have an apple device). its prob the best app out there for our hobby

do you have it? does it work well with multiple tanks? and do you know how many tanks you can assign? i have a notepad for each tank and its pretty ridiculous!!! i usually only test daily to every other for the first 2-3 months of setting up the tank then weekly or biweekly to make sure everything is in check. i also have a calendar whiteboard that my girlfriend fills in for me every month for my maintenance. it would be much easier to use an app for it, but i haven't really looked into any yet.....

I have a s4 but I didn't think keeping my log in the same post would be an issue?

cycling logs are good for beginners to read. i think huma-huma is just suggesting something that will keep you on track, if you slack off or if you don't want to sort through posts to see your progress/check previous water parameters. you will also have the app to add new data when your cycle is done. each thread is suppose to be about whats in the title and not go too far off topic, so I'm not sure if the mods would eventually close your thread when its not about cycling anymore.

I did the same thing with my own little 10 gallon, kind of a pic and cycle journal on here. However, I did download the aquaplanner app for my iPhone as well as keep a notebook journal too. Although..... I have been accused of being a bit too OCD about certain things!
I am very glad i did all of it now though. I can look back and see exactly what the test results were on every single day :)

tot the OP, not saying that its annoying that you want to keep a log on here or anywhere, just suggesting the Aquaplanner app because its geared towards that exact purpose. it gives any and everything you could possibly ask for. it unfortunately is only for apple products as this point but it may expand. all i tell people is to try it out and see how it feels.

@aquaandrew---try it, you wont be disappointed at all

Back
Top Bottom