My cycle process

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hemichris

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am currently on my 3rd week of cycling how long should i leave the UV and daylights on for, And how long should the moon lights be on for.

I don't know if I would run the UV steralizer (is that what you are talking about when you say the UV?) during the cycle. It seems that might cause problems, but I could be wrong. I ran my lights for 10 hours during my cycle. Now I run them 8 hours.

I cured my LR in the garage in a trash can for the first two weeks and then just added it to the tank about the third week...Lighting isn't the biggest issue...just time and patience

im on week 4 i have about 80 pounds of LR in my 55 gallon tank. I have about 25 snails and 25 hermits, 5 emeralds 1 arrow crab, 1 horse shoe crab. and 1 tomato clown. got a protein skimmer. Did all my water tests today and everything is perfect. No ammonia and everything is in the green.

How big is your tank? That horse shoe will get pretty big and mess up your LR. The ones I saw were a good bit larger than a softball. You can update your "my info" with your tank size/equip/critters, to let everyone know what you have.

a horseshoe crab will also eat any benefical organism that are in your substrate making the substrate somewhat useless, most end up starving to death in the end.

ddm_aet said:
a horseshoe crab will also eat any benefical organism that are in your substrate making the substrate somewhat useless, most end up starving to death in the end.

This is sad but true

Back
Top Bottom