My feeding style technique - good, bad or plain gross?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fish like hot dogs, and small amounts of meat but Id just toss a few uncooked raw skrimps in there and let the crabs fight over em.

I think your method of food delivery is rather intresting, what is your saliva doing for that tank though? You are a dentist.

Why are you giving them chemically laced food anyways?

frozen is better then flake.

Fish like hot dogs, and small amounts of meat but Id just toss a few uncooked raw skrimps in there and let the crabs fight over em.

I think your method of food delivery is rather intresting, what is your saliva doing for that tank though? You are a dentist.

Why are you giving them chemically laced food anyways?

frozen is better then flake.

To answer your question, I do not spit out like someone chewing snuff spitting out saliva. The saliva "contamination" is minimal if there is any effect at all. I know it is offending to some people but it works well for me. Yes human saliva contains bacteria but whether or not it plays a role in a 125 gallon tank is difficult to say without proper studies especially in that minute amount. Take it for what it is worth. DP

your a very disturbed man you know this right 0_o... doesnt matter how you chew food... saliva is produced to help break it down. period.. there is no "minimal" saliva.. its coated in it.. we cant drink the fish water... and the fish cant drink ours... so its not like feeding a dog.. it matters... our saliva is full of acids to help brake down foods, im sure that those acids are effecting all the bacteria in your tank.

Hello all,

You are a great bunch of people! Thank you for all your wisdom and everything is appreciated! Dai

your a very disturbed man you know this right 0_o... doesnt matter how you chew food... saliva is produced to help break it down. period.. there is no "minimal" saliva.. its coated in it.. we cant drink the fish water... and the fish cant drink ours... so its not like feeding a dog.. it matters... our saliva is full of acids to help brake down foods, im sure that those acids are effecting all the bacteria in your tank.

If you do not like the way I feed my fish then do it your way. I am just sharing what I find to be a good way to distribute the food that works for me. I am not feeding my stomach content if you are worrying about the acid. Heck the human saliva bacteria may even help to break down the nitrite I don't know... OK I was kidding about the lamp chops and stuff but you may find my technique a good one. :p DP

To answer your question, I do not spit out like someone chewing snuff spitting out saliva. The saliva "contamination" is minimal if there is any effect at all. I know it is offending to some people but it works well for me. Yes human saliva contains bacteria but whether or not it plays a role in a 125 gallon tank is difficult to say without proper studies especially in that minute amount. Take it for what it is worth. DP

snuff??? maybe chew or dip but last time I checked snuff was in the movie 8mm.

It contains alot of foul bacteria, enough to support the white blood cells in human and block AIDS attacking white blood cells. You're a dentist you should know that much. A canines mouth is cleaner then a humans, at any given time.

snuff??? maybe chew or dip but last time I checked snuff was in the movie 8mm.

It contains alot of foul bacteria, enough to support the white blood cells in human and block AIDS attacking white blood cells. You're a dentist you should know that much. A canines mouth is cleaner then a humans, at any given time.

Thank you! I will have my dog chew the sushi for me from now on. Regards, DP

Im just going to come out and say it for everyone. Doc Phan you are a retard. The only reason you started this thread was to get under people skin. Yes have your dog chew the food...... your exact approach is like saying to your wife ill chew your food and then you can eat it. better yet why dont you get a wife or will no one want to be with a doctor who eats half a big mac and then spits it out into a tank. you should be arrested for animal cruelty. Again you are RETARDED>

Is that regurgitating chewed up pufferfish, or regurgitating TO a pufferfish. I'm kinda confused. And if my lips begin to tingle while chewing the pufferfish the first time, should I be concerned that "Fred", the sushi chef, said that this was the first time he tried to prepare fugu?

That would definitely be regurgitating TO a pufferfish. Then again, choosing a pufferfish is like choosing chicken entrees...extra crunchy recipe or skinless. You might get more for your money by chewing a Diodon species since you get an assortment of toothpicks with every meal along with bleeding gums. My only real dilemma is when I forget to put my finger over the fishes anal opening, which usually streams the fresh regurgitation right back out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom