Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-18-2009, 11:04 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

hey what did you do to get it to clear out/?

Old 10-18-2009, 11:09 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to partypalooza5 Send a message via Yahoo to partypalooza5
I've come to understand anemones can only really be kept under MH or a ton of PC or T5's.

(edit) I ran my DIY canister in the sump with fine filterfloss over night and it was crystal clear the next day.

partypalooza5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

well...i am justsuper confused because i was under the impression the hard corals such as clams and stuff req. M.Halides...I thought t5 HO would house anenome...i want a solid light any reccomendations for what i could get away with to do some simple corals possibly in the future i only want to update once and keep low light -med light stuff
Old 10-18-2009, 11:27 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to partypalooza5 Send a message via Yahoo to partypalooza5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhemp34 View Post
well...i am justsuper confused because i was under the impression the hard corals such as clams and stuff req. M.Halides...I thought t5 HO would house anenome...i want a solid light any reccomendations for what i could get away with to do some simple corals possibly in the future i only want to update once and keep low light -med light stuff
I'm not an expert in anemones, so I'll let someone else help out there. I just know they need really strong lighting lol. I have PC bulbs on my tank and I think I can keep some mushrooms or soft corals.

partypalooza5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:00 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but did you place your mixed saltwater and live rock and dry rock into the setup before you placed your sand in?
Old 10-20-2009, 12:20 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Depends on the anemone you are getting. I'd say something like a BTA should be ok on highest point in your aquarium, But im not so sure as i havent had t5's before. If your looking @ updating in the future, May aswell get a MH now. You dont need to go all out and get a fancy one that will cost you $500+.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:00 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by borlaracing9 View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but did you place your mixed saltwater and live rock and dry rock into the setup before you placed your sand in?

I mixed my water let it sit for 48 hours...then i bought some Live rock...i got my sand last because i was having a tuff time deciding wat i wanted. i then removed the live to a bucket while i added the sand thenput the rock back in....will be stacking rock tonight
Old 10-20-2009, 10:08 AM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

Stay away from the heavy. solid pieces of rock with no nooks and crannies. Heavy doesn't mean good. You want surface area.

Try stacking some of that you have so that maybe 2 pieces hold up 1 to make like a bridge or swim thru area. Move'm around and try wedging them into each other such that plucking them with your thumb or so won't topple them.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:43 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
Depends on the anemone you are getting. I'd say something like a BTA should be ok on highest point in your aquarium, But im not so sure as i havent had t5's before. If your looking @ updating in the future, May aswell get a MH now. You dont need to go all out and get a fancy one that will cost you $500+.
Well.. you can place it anywhere you want, but it will move to where it wants to live. Trust me, it's usually behind a rock somewhere in the back of your tank. I gave up trying to get mine to come to the front of the DT.

However, I've got a georgous Green BTA in my tank living under t5 lighting and it's been doing wonderful for 6+months now. I just have to stand behind the tank to see him or feed him

IME, You really can keep most anyhting under a good T5 fixture.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

what lights are reccom. for a 55 gallon to keep soft corals...mushrooms ......

Tags
55 gallon, build, fowlr

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com