My first 55G FOWLR BUILD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i'm excited my tank is clear stacking rock today...i am getting a eheim pro 2 2028 for 90 bucks 1 years old wed...i need to get some powerhead mine im running are old and obvioulsy to powerful cuz they are creating sand storms

my lighting upgrade

hey,,, can you'll check this lighting out and tell me if it will let me keep the easiest corals on the market??? not clams or anything just like the ones that clowns like

alright guys...I got a power compact coralife 48 inch light used for $60. power 65x4. Running 12000k daylight (2bulbs) and (2 50/50 bulbs).....I have a hitchhicker anenome that has shown up in the tank and today i'm picking up free mushrooms (blue) from a guy...i've discovered 3 baby snails and 3 star fish...Today i'm thinking about picking up LR on sale for $2 lb..i may have enough as i'm not trying to do a full reef tank..

u know good call aquarium one..it was crawling on my glass and i was like wtf...but i was like it must be some kind of anenome because i know they move.....after i checked that i thought well its kinda sorta the description not for sure..id rather kill it

so far today..

here is a pic with so far with my new Power Compact 4x65Watt Coralife fixture...i got some free mushrooms today..i'm letting them attach....to rubble they are loose currently and just waiting for them attach to rock rubble. there were only three i could attach to the rocks

Attachments

• new sltwater tank.jpg
    new sltwater tank.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 290
ight need to update.....haha tank has been long overhauled with many additions...Clown and damsel many zoas polys pulsing xenia toadstool finger corals tree corals of some sort...yellow long eyelast polys, its coming along...went from fowlr to some sort of reef set up..got two koralia like powerheads coming up soon and got a 3 mnt old Rena XP3 canister for my 55 turnin my aquaclear 70 into a HOB Fuge tomorrow..ill update yall with picks soon..as right now i have to much LR and i've shaking some in a coral trade...

hey u guys looking for some super great prices....a local coral guy here by the name of Dave..his website is Carolina Corals everyone in my area buys from this guy....he is such a pleasure to deal with and has much knowledge in the hobby....be sure to check him out online..my tank is in the shapes its in courtesy of corals from this guy....I've only bought from him...he also ships

2 pics b4 my todays additions

hey this was from last week tomorrow after i do my changes i'll post...give my corals a change to open back up......

stacking : rock does not touch back glass....it is a island stacking with some rather large pieces...in this pick it was about 70 -80 lbs of rock.....right now after i got some new corals that went up but trading tomorrow so itll be back down

Attachments

• 079.jpg
    079.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 73
Nothing wrong with leaning against he back glass. I think you'll find your overall rockscape just fine and even more stable with it stacked and leaning on the back glass. Try using it yet staying away from the sides. After a while and a bunch of coraline growth, you likely wanna clean the sides. I always left room for a magnet cleaner and/or my hand with a scraper to fit there.

rescaping no happy with that i had...obtaing more rocks...to mnay now..i bought poly ocvered rock...rock with corals..so my blank rock is now to much..

New look

so i didnt like the last stacking it was to similar to others tanks and i wanted different so check it out..also i had about 80 lbs of rock in the tanks which only allowed about uhh 25 30 gallons of water..ridiculous....so here is where we stand three sep islands with different things going on...few pieces touching the back..mostly island....my aquaclear 70 has been turned into a fuge...I'm running a prism skimmer i got free and i upgraded to a Rena XP3 for 75 bucks...so i added some generic korelias...looks good huh...they pump about `1300 a hour and were only 35 bucks on ebay..really work....so my corals are almost done being pissed so maybe they'll be out tomorrow..

The is my FTS....subtracted about 30 lbs...lol..they were super bulky..but stashing them may upgrade my 125 to a reef????but love my cichilids

Attachments

• IMAGE_194.jpg
    IMAGE_194.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMAGE_195.jpg
    IMAGE_195.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMAGE_196.jpg
    IMAGE_196.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 87
side views

first pic will be left view...then center stack...then right view...guys be honest let me know

here the pics are..

Attachments

• IMAGE_197.jpg
    IMAGE_197.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAGE_198.jpg
    IMAGE_198.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMAGE_199.jpg
    IMAGE_199.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
left side pane view and then right side pane view...have a black bg just havent attached it....

Attachments

• IMAGE_200.jpg
    IMAGE_200.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMAGE_201.jpg
    IMAGE_201.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom