My first crew!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovely fish!!!! I love clown fish! You should name one Nemo!!!

Awesome. I keep seing these Clowns and I'm going to be forced into saltwater duty someday! Very cool!

Very cool! The clown fish will be the first ones we get as well. Did you get an anemone?

Looks great!!

Dont get an anenome until the tank is established for 9+ months.

You need to make sure your tank is very stable for an anemone. usually the first year you will have spikes of nitrates and ammonia both can be deadly to anemones. If you get one try to find one that is captive split (sliced and diced).

They are lovely looking fish. And so many different types to choose from. I am about to start my first reef tank. Only at the live rock stage of cycling my tank but I have two clowns on order for when I ready. Oh and a humbug fish. I like the look of the fire shrimp but apparently they are rubbish cleaners lol. Might get just one. Keep us up to date with more pictures etc.

Clowns don't need a nem. They will host anything, power head, zenia, sand etc. But what joy said is why you need to wait. Just to make sure things have worked themselves out.

Have you been to true percula in arlington off green oaks? Its pretty good. My brother in law lives down the street so gives me something to do when I go there.

Yes that is the fish store I go to :) lol that's where I have got my rock from my water and my clowns and shrimp :)

They are lovely looking fish. And so many different types to choose from. I am about to start my first reef tank. Only at the live rock stage of cycling my tank but I have two clowns on order for when I ready. Oh and a humbug fish. I like the look of the fire shrimp but apparently they are rubbish cleaners lol. Might get just one. Keep us up to date with more pictures etc.
The hum bug is a damsel and one of the meaner ones so have a backup plan if you get one.

joy13 said:
The hum bug is a damsel and one of the meaner ones so have a backup plan if you get one.

They have grown up together and are currently reserved for us at my lfs in the same tank. He is a bit grumpy bit leaves the clowns alone. Will he go for the shrimps or hermits I plan on adding later?

Thanks Joy for that info. I will be sure to keep it in mind on my tank plans :)

Bige said:
Clowns don't need a nem. They will host anything, power head, zenia, sand etc. But what joy said is why you need to wait. Just to make sure things have worked themselves out.

Have you been to true percula in arlington off green oaks? Its pretty good. My brother in law lives down the street so gives me something to do when I go there.

+1

This is a way too common misconception about clownd.

Back
Top Bottom