My first reef after 30 years of fish only...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azarc

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there , my name is Saco and I've been fish keeping for about 30 years , can't believe its been that long ..
I begun with the usual goldfish tank when I was 12 and within a few years went salt water fish only .
I practically grew up with my fish ( Mostly angels ,groupers and wrasses) most of them lived for many years and outgrew the 200 gallon tank.
Redecorating the house was a good excuse to finally tackle a reef aquarium . Of course my experience in fish-only helped .
to keep inverts and corals is a completely different ball game, but mainly it all comes down to keeping the water parameters more ideal and stable .KH , ca, mag, Nitrate, etc..
The reef is an amazing world, there are so many types of species out there. fish are easily identifiable , the inverts ,for me at least , are much more of a challenge when it comes to defining them . (What they eat , lighting needs , water flow etc.)
My reef tank has been set up for a year now and has 'settled'.
I included shots of some of my tank inhabitants and I would like to know more about their names and needs...

Thanks ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390687434.555552.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390687515.238409.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390687557.076029.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390687651.605839.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1390687804.289556.jpg

Back
Top Bottom