Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-20-2013, 12:42 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

This is the purple tang i think it have a good colour
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1844271181.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	187198  

Old 07-20-2013, 12:45 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Sigh, a good deal isnt such a great deal if the fish is in danger of dying. I don't mean to sound all dramatic but it could happen that the tang will not make it and the "great" deal point you made is moot. You really should have waited for the test kits before adding fish, if you arent done cycling then the ammonia will get the fish most likely.

But, let's stay positive! lol How long did you cycle the tank for? Did you use an ammonia source or all live rock? Have you had the local pet store check your water? If so what did they say? How long has the tank been up so far?

Old 07-20-2013, 12:46 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

whoops, just looked at the picture you posted and you have NO live rock. lol

What are you using for filtration?
Old 07-20-2013, 12:53 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey View Post
whoops, just looked at the picture you posted and you have NO live rock. lol

What are you using for filtration?
I just go for it i know i can lose the tang but i accept the challenge and i have the four types of filter media coal,ceramic,and some plastic balls...i will have live rocks lately but for i am going for it i am not afraid to take this bet..
Old 07-20-2013, 12:55 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Has the tank gone thru the nitrogen cycle.....Do you know what a nitrogen cycle is? if not we can help....You cannot just add water,salt and fish to a tank ane expect them to live. You have a nitrogen cycle as follows- ammonia stage then a nitrite stage then nitrate stage which all levels should be at 0 before adding fish this can take a few weeks to a couple months.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:02 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoots2002 View Post
I just go for it i know i can lose the tang but i accept the challenge and i have the four types of filter media coal,ceramic,and some plastic balls...i will have live rocks lately but for i am going for it i am not afraid to take this bet..
But understand these are living creatures depending on you...You are sentencing them to a horrific death by rotting in their own feces because the tank will not be able to properly filter the ammonia. ect....
Old 07-20-2013, 01:12 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm thinking the OP has his mind set. While we can give advice I don't think he is really gonna listen too much as he already has the fish and is defending it.

Shoots- We are all only trying to help. There are some great articles on this site about cycling a tank with and without fish in it. I would STRONGLY recommend that you take a look and try to keep that tang and other fish alive. It's more work with fish in the tank but can be done. that water test kit is gonna be your best friend for the next few weeks.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:27 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did anyone else notice the mollies in the first tank picture? Olease fill me in on how that seems right? The water is soo dirty and those fish will die! Poor fish. I dont believe the OP is an adult, if you didnt finish the cycle especially in a saltwater tank then good luck. You will be back here tomorrow wondering what happened to your fish. I feel for these beautiful creatures and pray they do survive and you decide to take them back to save their lives.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:58 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

The tank cycled for 4days and the mollies just for testing the water...please don't make me feel that i am a killer ,,i am doing this for 10 years without testing kits with freshwater and i did researches on every fish before i buy it ..and that's what i did please don't tell me what will happen to the fish cause i did that..leave it to you self please,,
Old 07-20-2013, 02:59 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh0818 View Post
Did anyone else notice the mollies in the first tank picture? Olease fill me in on how that seems right? The water is soo dirty and those fish will die! Poor fish. I dont believe the OP is an adult, if you didnt finish the cycle especially in a saltwater tank then good luck. You will be back here tomorrow wondering what happened to your fish. I feel for these beautiful creatures and pray they do survive and you decide to take them back to save their lives.
You are saying the water is soo dirty..how did you knew that genius???

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com