My first saltwater tank cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guys i rehomed the purple tang and i got clowns and small melon butterfly plus 4 anemones bubble i think and a big clam and a punch of hermit crab..what do you think guys??

Attachments

• image-2086498706.jpg
    image-2086498706.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 79
  • image-3417112044.jpg
    image-3417112044.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 81
  • image-2928153953.jpg
    image-2928153953.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 72
  • image-3250826816.jpg
    image-3250826816.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 57
  • image-2053331455.jpg
    image-2053331455.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 64
  • image-4246457570.jpg
    image-4246457570.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 75
  • image-4240195134.jpg
    image-4240195134.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 78
Anemones need an established tank (8-12 months)...clams need proper lighting or they are going to become an expensive meal for the crabs. Butterflies tend to do better in established tanks too.

Shoots i can appreciate your excitement and enthusiasm for the sw hobby, however you are going about this all wrong. It has nothing to do with how mich you love your tank or how much you tend to it, it has everything to do with science and its numbers. The reason why there are widely accepted husbandry practices is because they are tried and true, and also maximize ones chances pf successfully keeping fish. That being said, why even spend a single dollar on this honby if you aren't doing every last thing possible to make sure it is successful? Im sure some others can agree with me in saying that this hobby is expensive enough without constantly replacing fish, let alone when you take needless gambles

Till now there is no any problems since i put the fish from 2 months ago..i wish nothing go wrong in the few next days..thank you

Its not about you personally or even anything going wrong now... By not following the correct procedures and exercising decent husbandry skills, you are betting on sheer luck. At some point, either soon or later, you will have a BIG problem.

Did you put your tang in your 150 gallon?
no i gave to a friend that have 150g aquarium and now i have those only..and my light is a custom made mirror lid with an aquarium blue neon lamp and another white one....what about now guys i raised the salinity to 22 and i put a cap of sera bacteria..and all the fish are healthy and eating very well.

Attachments

• image-2078263373.jpg
    image-2078263373.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 47
Nice move, you rehomed the tang. Trust us all, that was a very good move on your part. You did the right thing for the fish. :)

I'm not thrilled to hear that you picked up a butterfly though, I've had three and two of them died due to not eating and one I accidentally killed with a chemical treatment. :-( Be sure he is eating well and he might be ok.

The clam and anemones are another story. If you dont have the right light they will not survive, that's why people are asking about the lighting you have. Anemones need ALOT and I mean ALOT of light, the same with the clam.

I'm really glad you saved the purple tang though, that took alot I'm sure to rehome him since he was a great fish. Just do better research before you buy something is the best advice I can give you. Most people will come up with a list of what they want and then buy them, it looks like you are going to the fish store and just buying what you want right then and there. Not the best way to go in my experience. Research FIRST, then buy what you want.

Anyways, good luck with the new livestock.

Nice move, you rehomed the tang. Trust us all, that was a very good move on your part. You did the right thing for the fish. :) I'm not thrilled to hear that you picked up a butterfly though, I've had three and two of them died due to not eating and one I accidentally killed with a chemical treatment. :-( Be sure he is eating well and he might be ok. The clam and anemones are another story. If you dont have the right light they will not survive, that's why people are asking about the lighting you have. Anemones need ALOT and I mean ALOT of light, the same with the clam. I'm really glad you saved the purple tang though, that took alot I'm sure to rehome him since he was a great fish. Just do better research before you buy something is the best advice I can give you. Most people will come up with a list of what they want and then buy them, it looks like you are going to the fish store and just buying what you want right then and there. Not the best way to go in my experience. Research FIRST, then buy what you want. Anyways, good luck with the new livestock.
Thank you very much and i am researching about a good light for the clam and anemones..

Are you in the US or overseas? There are some great cheap led lights on ebay for around $130 that will grow anything you want to put in the tank.

I have a question how can i feed anemones and clams and with any dry food or what???and for the watts of the light i will see then i will change this lights if its so week for my livestock..thank you anyone helped me ,,i appreciate this..

If you have the proper lighting then you dont need to feed them, they will get their nourishment from the light. However, since you are most likely short on the lighting needed i would feed a pea sized piece of fish to the anemone maybe 2 times a week. Nothing huge, it will stress trying to consume a large piece of meat.

Back
Top Bottom