My first saltwater tank cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shoots2002

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can you guys give me some tips..?? i have 2 zebra damsels and 1 yellow damsel and 1 purple tank.. But they are in the pet shop water..when shall i put them in this tank??

Attachments

• image-1078561921.jpg
    image-1078561921.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 164
After your tank cycles. It usually takes about a minty to fully cycle. Test your water and when your ammonia and nitrites are 0 you know you're good

After your tank cycles. It usually takes about a minty to fully cycle. Test your water and when your ammonia and nitrites are 0 you know you're good

Thank you for quick response thank you

huh??? purple tank or tang???? What size tank is it....when and how did you cycle?? I'm confused....

Lol sorry purple tang of course..i just put them in the tank and they seems so fine and active and they are chasing some some live brine shrimp that i hatched it for my fry...i wish i have i have space for 200g tank but this is my 1rst saltwater and i have 5 other freshwater planted tanks.. I think it's 100l...thank you for your support guys

The purple tang will not live long in a tank that size (100 liter) and the stress will cause disease that could kill all your fish. How long have you had the saltwater tank? Has it been through the nitrogen cycle?

Did your cycle finish? Have you tested the water? And the tang, oh the tang, should NOT be in a 25g tank. That is asking for trouble and they are not a cheap fish.

The purple tang will not live long in a tank that size (100 liter) and the stress will cause disease that could kill all your fish. How long have you had the saltwater tank? Has it been through the nitrogen cycle?

Fine i have a 200g planted tank i can switch with it but after a while and for the water test my kit are coming from England after 10 days but i had to buy those fish it was a great deal

This is the purple tang i think it have a good colour

Attachments

• image-1844271181.jpg
    image-1844271181.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 145
Sigh, a good deal isnt such a great deal if the fish is in danger of dying. I don't mean to sound all dramatic but it could happen that the tang will not make it and the "great" deal point you made is moot. You really should have waited for the test kits before adding fish, if you arent done cycling then the ammonia will get the fish most likely.

But, let's stay positive! lol How long did you cycle the tank for? Did you use an ammonia source or all live rock? Have you had the local pet store check your water? If so what did they say? How long has the tank been up so far?

whoops, just looked at the picture you posted and you have NO live rock. lol

What are you using for filtration?

whoops, just looked at the picture you posted and you have NO live rock. lol

What are you using for filtration?

I just go for it i know i can lose the tang but i accept the challenge and i have the four types of filter media coal,ceramic,and some plastic balls...i will have live rocks lately but for i am going for it i am not afraid to take this bet..

Has the tank gone thru the nitrogen cycle.....Do you know what a nitrogen cycle is? if not we can help....You cannot just add water,salt and fish to a tank ane expect them to live. You have a nitrogen cycle as follows- ammonia stage then a nitrite stage then nitrate stage which all levels should be at 0 before adding fish this can take a few weeks to a couple months.

I just go for it i know i can lose the tang but i accept the challenge and i have the four types of filter media coal,ceramic,and some plastic balls...i will have live rocks lately but for i am going for it i am not afraid to take this bet..
But understand these are living creatures depending on you...You are sentencing them to a horrific death by rotting in their own feces because the tank will not be able to properly filter the ammonia. ect....

I'm thinking the OP has his mind set. While we can give advice I don't think he is really gonna listen too much as he already has the fish and is defending it.

Shoots- We are all only trying to help. There are some great articles on this site about cycling a tank with and without fish in it. I would STRONGLY recommend that you take a look and try to keep that tang and other fish alive. It's more work with fish in the tank but can be done. that water test kit is gonna be your best friend for the next few weeks.

Did anyone else notice the mollies in the first tank picture? Olease fill me in on how that seems right? The water is soo dirty and those fish will die! Poor fish. I dont believe the OP is an adult, if you didnt finish the cycle especially in a saltwater tank then good luck. You will be back here tomorrow wondering what happened to your fish. I feel for these beautiful creatures and pray they do survive and you decide to take them back to save their lives.

The tank cycled for 4days and the mollies just for testing the water...please don't make me feel that i am a killer ,,i am doing this for 10 years without testing kits with freshwater and i did researches on every fish before i buy it ..and that's what i did please don't tell me what will happen to the fish cause i did that..leave it to you self please,,

Did anyone else notice the mollies in the first tank picture? Olease fill me in on how that seems right? The water is soo dirty and those fish will die! Poor fish. I dont believe the OP is an adult, if you didnt finish the cycle especially in a saltwater tank then good luck. You will be back here tomorrow wondering what happened to your fish. I feel for these beautiful creatures and pray they do survive and you decide to take them back to save their lives.

You are saying the water is soo dirty..how did you knew that genius???

Back
Top Bottom