No, I am not lost. I actually meant to post in SW
. I am very seriously considering breaking into the reef arena. I can't let Rookie have all the fun.
The space I have to work with allows me to have up to a 15" cube. I would like to go rimless and starfire or low iron glass of some kind.
I have room in the cabinet that this tank will sit on for a 12"X12" footprint for a sump. HUGE right?
So, I need help.
1. Anyone know where I can buy a 15" cube rimless low iron glass tank?
I have looked up and down the interwebz and it is looking like if that is the size tank I want, I will have to order it from glass cages.
2. Will a 15" cube be an ok size tank? I realize that the first reaction of most folks will be GO BIGGER. Not an option...
3. Understanding overflows a/o drilling. What do I want? What do I need? It looks like glass cages will drill a tank or put in overflows if I order from them.
4. Sump: Can I build a sump in a 12"X12" floor space? How do I want to plumb it? Do I need a skimmer? Open to any and all ideas. Never built a sump before.
5. Lighting: I want to go LED
. I am leaning towards trying the TrueLumen Pro LED
strips. TrueLumen Pro LED StripLights | Current-USA
I have been very satisfied with my 48" TrueLumen Pro on my 12L FW
planted tank. But planted is not Reef obviously. I am concerned about PAR at depth in a 15" tank. Open to suggestions here.
6. Budget: Can I keep this project to $1500? What is a realistic number? Just so I can divide it by 4 when I tell the wife what this is going to cost...
Any and all advice is welcome. I know my way around a planted FW
tank... but this reef stuff is all foreign to me. I have been looking at pictures of reef tanks on AA for a few years now though, so I am sure I know everything I need to know