My fish wish list. I need your comments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philly

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 90 gallon reef aquarium. I have great water specs and good ciculation and filtration and lighting.

At the moment i have:
1 maroon goldbanded clown
1 regal tang
1 foxface
3 green chromis
1 clown tang (im returning it soon)

i would like to add:
1 royal gramma
1 yellow watchman
1 flame hawk fish
1 yellow or convict tang (what do you recomend)
and one dwarf angel (what do you recomend)

whatever comments, advice or warnings you have be sure to post them

thanks

(y) You will be glad you took the clown tang back. I have had every fish in your "want to add list" This is based on my personal experience.
royal gamma- pretty fish will pick a small territory and guard with his life.
Yellow watchman- also pretty but will stay in the rocks a lot.
flame hawkfish- one of my favorite fish. I sold him because I had many shrimp and he tried to eat them. He was not large enough but was growing. If you have shrimp stay away otherwise a definite buy.
I would pick the convict over the yellow. Mine has the best personality in the tank. Also everyone has yellow tangs...something different.
Dwarf angel I would pick coral beauty. Flame have rep of being captured using cyanide. Be aware they are have a 50-50 chance of being coral nippers. Mine has been fine for around 6 months. (crosses fingers) see avatar

k brenden this is my plan.

My fish store told me that they rarely get flame hawks or yellow watchmans

This is the list of fish i want combined wit wat i already got

blue tang
yellow tang
convict tang
coral beuty
flame or lemonpeel angel
maroon gold banded clown
foxface
3 chromis

these will be all the fish i keep in my tank
is it ok ?

I would be really concerned having 3 tangs in a tank that size. I think you are pushing your bioload with that many fish, and you also may have some aggression issues. Also, you shouldn't have 2 dwarf angels in the same tank. They will be aggresive towards each other.

I would suggest removing one of the tangs and then chosing between the flame angel and coral beauty. If you can find a healthy flame angel, that would be my choice (i have one in my tank right now).

Hope that helps! Didn't mean to put down your list too bad, just want to make sure you have happy inhabitants.

tripper

are there any dwarf angels that wont fight with each other? Are there any gobies that wont fight with eachother? are there any nice fish i have overlooked in my list?

thanks guys

From what I have read, no two dwarf angels can be housed together unless you have a very large tank. You might be able to get away with a dwarf angel and a normal angel, but you tank probably isn't large enough for that.

Just a little advice. Your fish list, even before these additions, is already pushing the max bioload for the tank. I would not think about adding too much more or you're going to have some major problems. If you follow the 1" of fish per 5 gallon rule, you would be able to have 18" of fish. Just with 2 tangs (10" and 6"), the dwarf angel (4") and foxface(7"), you are already well over that limit. With the rest of the stock, your filtration needs to be very strong becasue that is a very crowded tank.

I would take it slow if I was you.

tripper

As tripper said you are overloading your tank. I did not read your first post correctly. I did not realize you wanted to add all those fish. General rule is only one angel to a tank unless you have a really large tank.
Are there any gobies that wont fight with eachother? are there any nice fish i have overlooked in my list?
With a 90 gallon I think you would be safe to have several gobies as they generally only pick a small territory to claim as their own. A few of my favorites are the high fin banded, jester, hector, and neons. There are lots of options and it comes down to personal preference. You can have a nice assortment in a 90 gal. just make sure they are compatible. Best advice I know to tell you is look around liveaquaria.com They have nice pics and tell you if you can have more than one etc.

philly said:
k brenden this is my plan.

My fish store told me that they rarely get flame hawks or yellow watchmans

This is the list of fish i want combined wit wat i already got

blue tang
yellow tang
convict tang
coral beuty
flame or lemonpeel angel
maroon gold banded clown
foxface
3 chromis

these will be all the fish i keep in my tank
is it ok ?

that's going to be a huge bioload for a 90 gallon. I'd be concerned that you may have too many fish in your system.

k im going to comprimise i will only add a yellow tang to my tank and a few gobies and 1 angel

what have u guys heard about these dwarf angels

gold angel

Venustus Angel

potters angel

lemonpeel angel

one more thing, i realize this is off topic but, im having alot of trouple anchoring my knew Long Tentacle Anemmone. i ot it on monday i put it on the rocks but i is jus laying there. Its not sick, it is fully expanded and hosting my maroon goldbanded clow. How do i get it to stick onto my rocks??

thanks

philly said:
one more thing, i realize this is off topic but, im having alot of trouple anchoring my knew Long Tentacle Anemmone. i ot it on monday i put it on the rocks but i is jus laying there. Its not sick, it is fully expanded and hosting my maroon goldbanded clow. How do i get it to stick onto my rocks??

thanks

it's going to have to do that itself. They have a fleshy foot that if you damage, can kill the anemone. I would just try to put him somewhere where he can figure it out himself.

I'm not an LTA expert so i could be wrong. HTH

Back
Top Bottom