My fish wish list. (revisions)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RocketSeason

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok. Here is my wish list. I know that I am overstocking the tank, but I do have a good filter on the tank and the surface agitation is quite intense.

anyways Here it goes:

2 percs
1 Brazillian Flameback angel
1 yellow watchman Goby
1 neon goby
1 coral banded shrimp.
a handful of blue legged hermits and snails.

My main concern is the coral banded shrimp. I know nothing about these guys. Is a 37 gallon tank ok for them?

Let me know what you guys think!

-thanks!

You should watch out cause most types of shrimp dont tend to get along with fish so you better keep an eye on it

That looks pretty good. You might want to consider a pistol shrimp for your goby, a great pair to have. How about a skunk cleaner rater then a CBS? A bit more friendly. Enjoy the new life...Lando

I like Lando's suggestion too - about both the pistol and skunk shrimps. Don't know from experience, but I've heard the CBS can be reclusive and destructive. How destructive, I don't know, but the skunk is friendly and will clean you also if you stick your hand in there.

I am not familar with the skunk cleaner. is that your basic cleaner shrimp??? I am also looking at the possibility of a pistol shrimp. I am hoping that a large one came with my rock. I found a tiny one already.

I am also looking at the fire shrimp as an alternitive.

Yep. Thats the basic shrimp. Kinda brown with the red stripe down the back. Make sure the rock is firmly on the bottom if you do the pistol. It'll tunnel underneath rock and could cause them to topple is just sitting on the top of the sand.

Alrighty, I have a revision and a few questions.

I will have:

two Ocellaris Clowns.
one CB Angel.
one Yellow watchman goby.
one purple fire fish.

one Coral banded shrimp.

Question about the coral banded shrimp. Will it get to big for a 37 gallon tank? and is it fairly reef safe?

Also, should I go for a CB angel or a flame angel? I will be slowly converting my tank into a reef system, I realize that no angel is reef safe, but has anyone had any problems with either?

Hey Rocketseason! Well the coral banded IMO wont get to big for a 37g. It is also very reef safe. I have one in my reef tank.

As far as the angels go, I have heard it's not if they will eat corals, but when. If I were going to get one though, I would have to go with the flame. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom