my fluval m90 setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hah yeah I'm not to sure on how to flip it.

Once loaded to a post a picture/photo can't be rotated unfortunately. I load as a link (from either my AA album or say photobucket).

Then check the link displays correctly in orientation once posted. You should get 6hrs to edit a post to correct if needed.

Yellow tang and a porcupine puffer in a 25 gal tank? I strongly suggest you research proper stocking options for this sized tank, because neither of those belong anywhere near a tank this small

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yellow tang and a porcupine puffer in a 25 gal tank? I strongly suggest you research proper stocking options for this sized tank, because neither of those belong anywhere near a tank this small

Fish grow to the volume of water within the tank, the aquatic shop didn't have a problem. And the tank is bigger than 25 gallons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, Big Red is right on this. Tangs are open water swimmers that need tons of swimming length, usually in the form of 6 ft long tanks. The puffer will need more room as well.
It is unfortunate that your being guided in this direction as the store either isn't knowledgeable or is just trying to make a buck.

First things first the picture was rotated ,

Fish grow to the volume of water within the tank, the aquatic shop didn't have a problem. And the tank is bigger than 25 gallons.
water volume has nothing to do with fish size , salt water fish don't fall into that fresh water fantasy , weather your fish is in a 5 g bucket or a 100 gal tank they will grow at the same rate . it has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of water or tank size .
saltwater fish and tank size recommendations are put in place due to the rapid growth of the fish and to prepare you for the overall out come .

the fish store you bought them from shows they are just in it for profit , not caring for the overall health of the fish . they want you to spend money , the salt water hobby is not cheap in no means and to have a shop mislead you telling you things you want to hear in order to get you to spend spend spend .

I'm not telling you this because I'm making a profit because I'm not . but because way to many new comers are mislead . shop owners see the glow in your eye seeing you are new to the hobby and will try to sell you as much as they can . if your stock dies the next day do they compensate you no . why they already got your money and just frankly don't care .

Last edited:
Yeah I have seen pet stores do that to people. I almost got kicked out of a store once because I was helping some couple with like the proper equipment, knowledge and stuff they needed for a new tank and I didn't work there. They were still gonna make a sale but w/e.

Back
Top Bottom