My fowlr - to reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Be careful with the green stars, i love them but they grow very quickly and will cover other corals. Just keep it isolated on a rock separate from the others or something. If not i think they are easy to pull off the rock and trim, not 100% sure on that though.

kms907 said:
Be careful with the green stars, i love them but they grow very quickly and will cover other corals. Just keep it isolated on a rock separate from the others or something. If not i think they are easy to pull off the rock and trim, not 100% sure on that though.

Ok thanks do they need a lot of light or can they go lower down the rocks 

The green star polyp is a very hardy coral, the lighting can be from low to high and it will still do well, it will be fine lower down or even on a rock in the sand bed.

kms907 said:
The green star polyp is a very hardy coral, the lighting can be from low to high and it will still do well, it will be fine lower down or even on a rock in the sand bed.
Great thanks for the help

You're rock work looks soo much better than mine. I like it! I also like your tang too. ;-) I am so jealous! lol

kms907 said:
Looking good! Looks like you have a lot of nice coralline algae : )

Thankyou the coralline has been spreading nicely over past few weeks but I have stepped up my water changes a bit 

Hello everybody can I remove the bio balls from my sump slowly then use this space for my skimmer then use skimmer space at the end of sump to grow algea 

Attachments

• image-879035996.jpg
    image-879035996.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 109
  • image-2200272377.jpg
    image-2200272377.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 142
kurtyboh said:
Yeah you certainly could. How is the water getting to the third chamber

There are 4 chambers all together here's some more pics of how the water flows so I don't have to put any rock under the spray bars ? Just my skimmer the chamber at the end is the larger of the remaining 3 chambers so I was thinking of this one for algae or leave skimmer where it is and use first chamber with some rock an algae not sure what will be best

Attachments

• image-2191382658.jpg
    image-2191382658.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 121
  • image-3305927152.jpg
    image-3305927152.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 134
  • image-1780604768.jpg
    image-1780604768.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 111
What I would do is take the first chamber and fill it half way with live rock and the other half with macro algae. This will take the ammonia into trates then into trites. The second chamber should have your dsb witch will further complete the process and turn the trites into nitrogen. 3 rd chamber should be your return and the 4th your skimmer to catch anything else that does not get broken down.

Tomchong22 said:
What I would do is take the first chamber and fill it half way with live rock and the other half with macro algae. This will take the ammonia into trates then into trites. The second chamber should have your dsb witch will further complete the process and turn the trites into nitrogen. 3 rd chamber should be your return and the 4th your skimmer to catch anything else that does not get broken down.

Sorry what is dsb 

Back
Top Bottom