My fowlr - to reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blightster said:
Does your puffer nibble on your corals?

No he seems ok I've got hermits as well and he hasn't had any of them yet I haven't bought any shrimps though not sure about them he tried with my feather dusters for the first day but got fed up now he is ok 

That's a well trained puffer then mine destroyed any corals I had would never get rid of the puffers though my fave fish :)

Blightster said:
That's a well trained puffer then mine destroyed any corals I had would never get rid of the puffers though my fave fish :)

I must have got lucky with this one I could never part with him he's cool I would have to set up another tank just for him if he started eating everything lol

Got a new red band goby and a new spiral tub worm but it won't let me upload pictures some error 

AWWW isn't it great? I love watching my clowns in their coral, even though they are beating it up..lol

carey said:
AWWW isn't it great? I love watching my clowns in their coral, even though they are beating it up..lol

Yeah it is cool coral doesn't seem to mind 2 much it hasn't closed up and he goes back to his nem at night to sleep 

Hi,

Nice tank, stop using Bio Balls if you are starting as a reef tank now, bio balls are good for denitrification and redox BUT they are nitrate factories, your live rocks will do the same job so let the nature work :)

How deep is your tank, I think this light will be low for your tank.

Happy Reefing! :)

Hello everyone I've been following everyones posts for a few months trying to learn a few things about this great hobby of ours. I have had a fowlr for a year now and I feel ready for the big step to create a great reef like many of you guys have . Anyway this is what I have got so far I think it's a 100 gal with a dry wet sump with bio balls need some advice with the bio balls been reading some bad things about nitrate . I have a reef octopus protein skimmer which I still haven't managed to get to work properly no matter how much I adjust it . T5 lighting x4 80w 2 White 2 blue it's made by aqua world  any advice would be great xx

That is totally normal. If a leg gets cut off two or three might grow back. Some starfish even tear themselves apart to reproduce (astrea starfish).

0o.Kelsey.o0 said:
That is totally normal. If a leg gets cut off two or three might grow back. Some starfish even tear themselves apart to reproduce (astrea starfish).

I learn something new every day on here thanks 

Back
Top Bottom