My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just picked up a 12 inch toadstool! For 40$! WOOOHOOOOO! And three orange Yuma mushrooms for 10$ a head (which costs 100$ a head at a LFS the next town over!

Pics soon

coffeetwitch said:
its not always about size you know. what's the deal with that 500g speaking of size

Lol. Ok. If you say so!

Going to set up a meeting time for tomorrow to go to these people's house

There's a guy tearing apart his 265 gal reef tank. I'm buying his top off for 50$. 100 pounds of live rock for 3$ a lb. a 12 in vlamingi, 10 in desjardini, 5 inch purple tang, and a 6 inch yellow tang for 400$. Some corals as well. All my tangs are going to my buddy except for the chistletooth. Whew. There's something else.... Oh yeah- buddy ripped out some of his hammer coral and gave me 9 heads for 40$ (what a steal!) it's about 6 inches when fully open.

They look fantastic!

I didn't know that they came in different colors.

Last edited:
What kind of mushroom is that? Is it a light green color? Hard to tell from the pic but it looks just like the piece that was given to me a couple weeks ago. I just have no idea what it is. LOL

rdnelson99 said:
What kind of mushroom is that? Is it a light green color? Hard to tell from the pic but it looks just like the piece that was given to me a couple weeks ago. I just have no idea what it is. LOL

The mushroom is orange and yellow. Called a Yuma. The greenish large thing is a toadstool. I accidentally called it a mushroom. Lol

Ok, that makes a little more sense. :) The coral my frag was cut from was a good 12" in diameter. For that reason, I made sure I put my frag towards the back of the tank. I was afraid that I woud never see anything behind it. LOL

Do you think the mushroom could be closed up more because of the placement in the tank? Maybe it doesn't like it in that particular spot, :lol:

Do you think the mushroom could be closed up more because of the placement in the tank? Maybe it doesn't like it in that particular spot, :lol:

This is a guess on my part but.....

The way the polyps are openning would make be think it is happy in it's spot.

Awesome tank, making me wanna go bigger and I just got a 125 sw tank about 3 weeks ago lol

They were loose. Not attached to anything Fully opened on his sand bed. The pics were about 15 min after acclimating. So I'll check again today when I get home in a few hours

Back
Top Bottom