Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #111
RJT
Aquarium Advice Freak

Only thing I'm not able to get is any type of guarantee on livestock.

If you get that purple tang make him the last tang. I hear they can be meannnn

Old 10-25-2011, 03:12 PM   #112
Aquarium Advice Addict

My favorite LFS has very good prices and she is extremely helpful. The only problem is she has very little to choose from because it has been a rough couple of years for her. Whenever possible, I buy from her because I want her to stay open. On the other hand, because is closed Mondays I couldn't stop and get the $20 aqua lifter from her. I happened to stop at another store because I was in the area and found a used one for $10. Well, guess she will just have to hold on to the pump. LOL

Old 10-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #113
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Felt like I have neglected you guys. Not much going on but moved some coral around today til I can get more time to fix the rocks. I had to use goggles to be able to see the bottom of the tank. I either need longer arms or one of those little grabbers on a stick that old people use. Anyone know where I can find them???
Old 10-26-2011, 11:13 PM   #114
Aquarium Advice Addict

stunning!

try a farm supply store... do you have those in florida? oh maybe lawn and garden or ask the front desk at a hardware store. or a janitorial store. or at a med supply place like where you get wheel chairs or crutches.

you live in florida. just knock the old guy on the beach with metal detector down and take his.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:20 PM   #115
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetwitch
stunning!

try a farm supply store... do you have those in florida? oh maybe lawn and garden or ask the front desk at a hardware store. or a janitorial store. or at a med supply place like where you get wheel chairs or crutches.

you live in florida. just knock the old guy on the beach with metal detector down and take his.
Lmgdao. I dunno about knocking an old guy over at the beach- the rest of em might come after me and hit me with their walkers! Lol Jk Jk. I've tried Walmart and the lady looked at me like I was nuts. Filler store didn't have em. I'll have to try the hardware store. I'm getting tired of looking like I swam in my tank every time I stick my arm in there. I literally can not reach the center of the tank because my arms are too short and there is a piece of glass built in there (ahhhh). I lottery had on goggles today. I looked ridiculous! My neighbor saw me through the window and I could see her laugh. I swear I might just have to throw a bathing suit on and hop in the tank next time!
Old 10-26-2011, 11:24 PM   #116
Aquarium Advice Addict

Omg. Attack of the iPhone auto correct! But I think you can get the point

Disclaimer: I can not be held responsible for anything posted that my iPhone has made look ridiculous. I swear I have an education and can talk in an intelligent manner.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #117
Aquarium Advice Addict

wow there is no stopping you :P

are you using LEDs?
Old 10-26-2011, 11:30 PM   #118
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol. I'm a woman. Like a hurricane I am a force of nature that's unstoppable. Lmao. Jk. Yes. I am using LEDs. I love them. Why?
Old 10-26-2011, 11:38 PM   #119
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina View Post
Omg. Attack of the iPhone auto correct! But I think you can get the point

Disclaimer: I can not be held responsible for anything posted that my iPhone has made look ridiculous. I swear I have an education and can talk in an intelligent manner.
im lousy at spelling. so much so that i dont see it when i read other peoples mistakes.

they had that one guys wife in a two piece putting coral inserts in a shark tank on "tanked"

hahaha sorry dont mean to imply anything but i just thought of the sence in "deuce bigalo"? when rob snider's character is at the pet store and the blond chic is working the counter and hes trying to get her to get the snails at the bottom of the tank.

i got that look when i went to home depot and asked for crystal sand pool filter sand, the guy just looked at me like i was crazy and making it up.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #120
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetwitch

im lousy at spelling. so much so that i dont see it when i read other peoples mistakes.

they had that one guys wife in a two piece putting coral inserts in a shark tank on "tanked"

hahaha sorry dont mean to imply anything but i just thought of the sence in "deuce bigalo"? when rob snider's character is at the pet store and the blond chic is working the counter and hes trying to get her to get the snails at the bottom of the tank.

i got that look when i went to home depot and asked for crystal sand pool filter sand, the guy just looked at me like i was crazy and making it up.
Lol. I saw that episode of tanked. I was laughing so hard I almost had soda come out my nose. And yes I remember the movie! Lol. She had on the white tshirt "lower...the ones all the way down there". Lmao. Or something like that.

Don't you hate it when you are asking for something specific and people give you this weird look??? Lol. One time I swear a lady said she didn't speak English just so she didn't have to help me! I can see it now though- you may as well went into the hardware store asking for a left handed screw driver. You may have gotten the same response. Lol

Tags
20 gallon, 220 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com