My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Best of luck with Isaac, Jodi. Same boat, different paddle! Clouds are moving quick..
Schools are already closed for Monday here, hoping for just a nice rainstorm. I do like storms, just not power outages!!

Flreefer said:
Best of luck with Isaac, Jodi. Same boat, different paddle! Clouds are moving quick..
Schools are already closed for Monday here, hoping for just a nice rainstorm. I do like storms, just not power outages!!

Yes! Good luck to you as well! Schools are shut down here as well and I closed the shop until Tuesday.

Jlsardina said:
Went good! Storm went west and all I got was rain. Kept power the whole time! I got lucky.

Lol,..Betcha you'll have backups for your backups the next run thru,..glad everything went well for you Jodi

Well- may have to say goodbye to my tank. 2 weeks ago I lost my job due to the position being dissolved. Then to top it off my husband was laid off two days ago. Uuggggg. My husband and I say down today and did an inventory on the tank. Certain pieces we are willing to let go. Others not so much. I have a spare drilled 55 at the shop so I'm thinking off keeping some harder to get pieces and others I'm attached to to grow out. Do you think this is a good deal:

Tank, stand, canopy, led lighting, tunzee wave makers, skimmer, uv sterilizer, 75 gal sump/Refugium, fuge light, 200lbs rock (keeping the other two), 200lbs live sand, and ph probe for 2k.

I'm keeping rock, most coral (will sell others), most fish (will have to sell tangs), denitrifier, reef keeper, etc.

Aww:( so so so sorry Jodi. But you are being smart and doing whats best, thats for sure. Heck, you'll be back in no time. And...maybe with an even bigger tank too:)

So what about the shop? How is that going?

thats horrible news. im sorry. things do always work out in the end though so keep that in mind.

sure, you are planing to smartly take down a tank but dont go anywhere please.

Wow...unreal. Very sorry to hear of your misfortune. Wishing you and your family the best, getting through these hard times. Hopefully , it will lead you to something better than what you had. Stay positive Jodi.

Wow. Wish this was an April Fool's joke.

It's great you and hubby are a team and think things thru. Your backup plan of your own store is something most people dream of. If you ever start shipping you have me as a guaranteed customer

Im really really sorry to hear this :( jodi do you have a website, and do you ship to california? I would like to start buying corals from you..

Wow.... Soooo sorry jodi.... Hang in there., itll work itself out down the road a piece.... Please keep us posted on everything!., dary

I've still got the shop going. It's my only income at this point. I can't keep my tank because I don't have anywhere to store it while I wait for the house to be ready to move in. I've got a smaller tank i can keep at the shop to keep some of my special corals in. I won't sell those. It's killing me to do this. I am keeping some of my equipment as well. No matter what- my tank has to be broke down by the 18th as my lease is also up :(. If I can't sell it by then it will go to the shop.

I'll still come on here and there. I'll never stop with this hobby. Good news is tho that the house I'm moving in has a great spot for a peninsula tank!

Ok. Sold the tank last night minus the reef keeper, denitrifier, 200lbs of rock, purple tang, leopard wrasse, sailfin, and the majority of my corals for 1700. Not too bad. Moving everything else to a tank at the shop until I move in Jaunary to another house. If things are better then I will buy a 300 gal tank and get it up and running.

glad your still alive after the storm and that you where able to sell the tank so fast. best of luck on the move and getting that 300 when you can. hope all is well or getting there.

Back
Top Bottom