Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-15-2012, 12:44 PM   #1241
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Why such drastically different height going into your return section? I've never seen it done like that on a bubble trap.

Also, I do love the meteor shower. I have one just like it and another of the green w/ red polyp variety. With how many were loving yours I'm glad they haven't noticed mine! LOL

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #1242
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Well the old sump is empty and everything is unplugged. Ugggg. Cleaned my dsb out and this is what the water looked like...

Now to get the old one out and the new one in! Half way done!!!

Old 07-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #1243
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok. Sump is in and filled. Have hooked up most of the equipment. Had to take out a door frame to get the 75 in and now it's also replaced. Over compensated on water a bit so I have to take a little out. My tank got a 60 gallon water change today. Whew. Pics soon. Have a little bit more to go
Old 07-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #1244
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina
Ok. Sump is in and filled. Have hooked up most of the equipment. Had to take out a door frame to get the 75 in and now it's also replaced. Over compensated on water a bit so I have to take a little out. My tank got a 60 gallon water change today. Whew. Pics soon. Have a little bit more to go
.....I would like to see pictures of everything in the sump and running,....also in the picture of bucket of sand is that toe nail polish on your big toe or did we drop something on it and yell something we probably shouldn't have ? .... It's always an exciting time here putting everything together , testing and fine tuning things.....gooooooo. Jodi !!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #1245
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421
.....I would like to see pictures of everything in the sump and running,....also in the picture of bucket of sand is that toe nail polish on your big toe or did we drop something on it and yell something we probably shouldn't have ? .... It's always an exciting time here putting everything together , testing and fine tuning things.....gooooooo. Jodi !!!!
I'll post pics soon. Lol.

As far as my toe- half the nail is missing. A month or so ago I dropped a mag 24 on it. I had a few choice words for it and my pain. Couldn't walk for a week. It was bad. Sprained my foot even.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #1246
Aquarium Advice Addict

Old 07-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #1247
Aquarium Advice Addict

The process...

Old 07-15-2012, 11:19 PM   #1248
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:

I'll post pics soon. Lol.

As far as my toe- half the nail is missing. A month or so ago I dropped a mag 24 on it. I had a few choice words for it and my pain. Couldn't walk for a week. It was bad. Sprained my foot even.
A mag 24 dropped on my toe would bring forth many un church like words from my quivering lips !!!! ... As far as the sump goes.., it looks like a tight fit but you got it all in there,...I love looking at under the tank / sump pictures just to see the massive array of wires,cables,code violations,tubes,hoses zip ties etc.,...I'm starting to feel a little better now about my mess Under my tank now .... Did hubby help or is he still banned from touching your stuff?
Old 07-16-2012, 12:00 AM   #1249
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421

A mag 24 dropped on my toe would bring forth many un church like words from my quivering lips !!!! ... As far as the sump goes.., it looks like a tight fit but you got it all in there,...I love looking at under the tank / sump pictures just to see the massive array of wires,cables,code violations,tubes,hoses zip ties etc.,...I'm starting to feel a little better now about my mess Under my tank now .... Did hubby help or is he still banned from touching your stuff?
Nope. It was all me. Hence why I'm not done. Lol. Still have a few things left to do- but it will get done tomorrow ...maybe. Lol. Hotta pick up some more sponge and make a few adjustments. Then ill zip-tie all the chords and straighten up. Ive got a 400gph pump to run the small frag tank and i have a apot left in the sump just for it. All in all I didn't do too bad. Should have seen me dragging the 75 in from the garage.lol.

I do have a lot of wires. But I try to make sure that all plugs are above the water level in the sump and hung either on the wall or stand itself.

I'm actually curious to see how well the denitrifier works. I have 10 ppm of nitrates. Supposedly it gets rid of everything in 3-4 weeks. I feed well so if I could do so without larger water changes I would be a happy camper.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #1250
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:

Nope. It was all me. Hence why I'm not done. Lol. Still have a few things left to do- but it will get done tomorrow ...maybe. Lol. Hotta pick up some more sponge and make a few adjustments. Then ill zip-tie all the chords and straighten up. Ive got a 400gph pump to run the small frag tank and i have a apot left in the sump just for it. All in all I didn't do too bad. Should have seen me dragging the 75 in from the garage.lol.

I do have a lot of wires. But I try to make sure that all plugs are above the water level in the sump and hung either on the wall or stand itself.

I'm actually curious to see how well the denitrifier works. I have 10 ppm of nitrates. Supposedly it gets rid of everything in 3-4 weeks. I feed well so if I could do so without larger water changes I would be a happy camper.
I'm totally looking forward to seeing the tidied up sump,..I take it that's your " new" denitrifier in your sump?? ,.. If so is that just to save space underneath the stand or is it designed that way,...also ,good luck on the foot,... I've broken my right foot in various spots three or four times over the years so YES I know about limping too.!
I think if I had to do things all over again I'd prob use my old 75 gal tank as my sump,...I like the idea of having so much room for everything,.giant skimmer etc. but too late now ! :-/

Tags
20 gallon, 220 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com