Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #1281
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
Can you move to western PA so I can have a lfs like that? Beautiful
Lol. Thanks. I try. It's not easy tho. Lol. I swear I do water changes 7 days a week!!!

Old 07-19-2012, 08:59 PM   #1282
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

I see lots f stuff in those tanks that i would love to see in my tank,...my dog scruffy would like to bid on your cat
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2407285064.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	107561  

Old 07-19-2012, 09:48 PM   #1283
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dary421
I see lots f stuff in those tanks that i would love to see in my tank,...my dog scruffy would like to bid on your cat
Lol. Tell scruffy I said no. He would have to get thru my husky Shepard mix and my toy poodle first. Lol
Old 07-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #1284
Aquarium Advice Addict

The corals and the kitty look amazing, Jodi!! I wish my F5 Savannah had half the coloration that he has. She's really cool, and also tries to go fishing in the refugium, but he looks like a leopard!!
If he's not fixed, care to breed him??? Our F5, Zoe, is about 7 months old and getting big! We've been debating breeding her, and with the two of them, I think it's safe to say, the kittens would be pretty awesome!! Here's a pic of Zoe

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3668019875.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	107576

Zoe
Old 07-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #1285
Aquarium Advice Addict

What's that huge reddish branching coral on the right in the frag tank? Its amazing. Your Bengal cat is super awesome.. And I usually hate cats so thats saying something lol.
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:42 PM   #1286
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmorecowbell
What's that huge reddish branching coral on the right in the frag tank? Its amazing. Your Bengal cat is super awesome.. And I usually hate cats so thats saying something lol.
Huge? I think you're talking about the Bali green slimer. 20k lighting comes out really blue. Colors get all mixed up.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #1287
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh, gotcha. Yeah, I went to a persons house who had some green slimer under halides that I bought and it looked brown. Really colorful under LEDs though!
needmorecowbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #1288
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina View Post
On my personal tank I have ecoray 60D. At my shop I run TFT LEDs and metal halides. I can honestly say I would switch over my personal tank to TFT LEDs once I have 600$ to spare. I sell them all the time so I not only see how they do on my tanks at the shop- but thru customers tanks as well. Many people have had success with their sps corals using TFT LEDs.

Business has been good. Ran into some issues and plumbing on one of the FO tanks. But all is good now after some re-vamping and a move. Had to move store locations when I found out their was stray electricity running thru the WHOLE building. I literally walked into a small puddle one day (no where near the tanks) and got zapped. Tried it again (for scientific purposes and not because I'm Bart Simpson) and it happened again. We moved within a few weeks.
Have you had any experience with the Aquaray 1000 HD LEDs either personally or through the store?

How many of the ecoray 60D tiles do you have on your 220 (3 if i remember correctly)?
skywhitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #1289
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywhitney

Have you had any experience with the Aquaray 1000 HD LEDs either personally or through the store?

How many of the ecoray 60D tiles do you have on your 220 (3 if i remember correctly)?
No experience with them. And I run 3 LEDs on this tank. When I switch over I will be going to 4 units tho
Old 07-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #1290
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well. I've had bad luck after bad luck lately. Yesterday I was supposed to do a water change- but I had to clean my closet first. Back story: my husky is terrified of thunder ever since the 4th of July. Ugh. It raid bad this week and somehow he pulled a Houdini and got out of his cage- and then my 2.5 yr old son locked him in my closet without me knowing. Now- I use my closet as storage as well and had a BUNCH of frames that I had been collecting sitting behind the door. Let's just say they are no more. When I was cleaning out the closet I was placing all the glass in an old box so that it wouldn't rip they a bag. There was some big pieces and a bunch of little ones. However, my cat kept jumping in the closet and I was thinking he was going to get hurt so I repeatedly kept tossing him out. Unfortunately, one of these times I punctured myself on the glass! Now a cut would have been a breeze. Nothing that I couldn't handle. Lucky for me though, it was a jab right thru the top of my hand and punctured a vein. Let's just say I had blood all over me in seconds. So I stood up, walked to the kitchen to get gauze, almost passed out- and then laid on the floor to prevent it. Got up when the room stopped spinning, got the gauze and tape, applied pressure and sat on the couch. I felt like I just donated 2 pints of blood! So- the bleeding stopped after about 35-40 minutes and I was able to get back to life about an hour after that. Unfortunately, my tank hasn't had a water change yet and I'm not sure how long it will be. I want to make sure my hand heals up before I put it in a tank with zoas, especially because of where the cut was and it's depths. Any suggestions?

Tags
20 gallon, 220 gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com