My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw reefs2go has cleaners for 14 im bout to order a few cleaners and some other inverts.

Well. I only have an acclimation pic of my mandarin. He took off tithe back of the tank like his tail was on fire. Also, lights were to only blue before I got to take a pic of the fuzzy mushrooms. But my buddy also stopped by with some spare mushrooms from his tank as he was doubting maintenance today. So my tank got 5 new types of mushroom today. :p

It pays to have friends in the hobby and in the business!

Attachments

• image-1318414227.jpg
    image-1318414227.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 85
Jlsardina said:
My yellow and him spat at each other for about 2 hours. Now the purple, yellow and sailfin are schooling! Lol.

Btw- all the tangs right now are pretty much the same body shape so I guess I went against the general rule. Lol

Do you think a purple and Scopas would work together in a 125g? Thanks!

Jlsardina said:
Well. I only have an acclimation pic of my mandarin. He took off tithe back of the tank like his tail was on fire. Also, lights were to only blue before I got to take a pic of the fuzzy mushrooms. But my buddy also stopped by with some spare mushrooms from his tank as he was doubting maintenance today. So my tank got 5 new types of mushroom today. :p

It pays to have friends in the hobby and in the business!

Awesome! Mandarins are very cool! (y)

redsea said:
Do you think a purple and Scopas would work together in a 125g? Thanks!

If you introduce them at the same time it might work. And have ALOT of caves.

redsea said:
Thanks! Is it the same deal with a Scopas and Yellow?

Yes. They are in the same family I believe. They have the same body shape. But be warned. Yellows are tank bullies ime and others I know. Just google yellow rang tank bully

Jlsardina said:
Yes. They are in the same family I believe. They have the same body shape. But be warned. Yellows are tank bullies ime and others I know. Just google yellow rang tank bully

Alright! Thanks!

Ok. Woke up and the mandarin was out- but lights aren't on.

Attachments

• image-1635612191.jpg
    image-1635612191.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 87
redsea said:
Glad that he is doing well! I can't wait to get a Mandarin myself!

Since wiping copepods off my glass was a daily ritual now I figured I could start. Lol. Plus I'll keep dosing for a while to make sure it is maintained. My husband didn't want him but I said it was my tank. Lol. Lay down the law! Jk

Jlsardina said:
Since wiping copepods off my glass was a daily ritual now I figured I could start. Lol. Plus I'll keep dosing for a while to make sure it is maintained. My husband didn't want him but I said it was my tank. Lol. Lay down the law! Jk

Lol, that's funny! I will try to build up a population in my125g once it is set up! :)

I've had really good luck with my 125g and pods. Not sure if everyone has this, but my pods are so big they can actually eat pellets. LOL No joke, when I feed pellets you can see them take them and run away. Sometimes the pods even fight for the pellet. It's hilarious! I didn't do anything to get the pods, didn't even put any in and I have a very solid colony of them. Took about 6 months or so but they are everywhere. lol

I got my mandy onto frozen foods by starting off small, using cyclopeeze, then plankton, then baby brine shrimp and now she eats everything I put in the tank. She especially likes bloodworms. :)

carey said:
I've had really good luck with my 125g and pods. Not sure if everyone has this, but my pods are so big they can actually eat pellets. LOL No joke, when I feed pellets you can see them take them and run away. Sometimes the pods even fight for the pellet. It's hilarious! I didn't do anything to get the pods, didn't even put any in and I have a very solid colony of them. Took about 6 months or so but they are everywhere. lol

I got my mandy onto frozen foods by starting off small, using cyclopeeze, then plankton, then baby brine shrimp and now she eats everything I put in the tank. She especially likes bloodworms. :)

Awesome! Why don't you put a different kind of mandarin in that tank?

I have been thinking of getting a wild caught red mandarin. Just figured i wouldnt see it much with all the rock. My lfs has some big fat juicy mandarins, like 3-4 inches and fat as all get out.

I deff wanna get a mandrain too. Just waiting at least 6 months. As soon as I can find a lfs w some pods I ma get some to help the population start and grow

carey said:

I figure I'll try bloodworms. I have huge amphipods as well. At first I thought it was a shrimp bit when I got closer I realized what it was and was happy. My refugium is stocked well with rotifers and amphipods and copepods. But i'm gonna keep dosing just in case :)

Back
Top Bottom