My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jlsardina said:
Lmao. Nah. I'm just too broke now to buy 300lbs of live rock. Figure I'll be taking my time adding to the two sides until they meet in the middle!

Cool!! I love the fish you got in there. Im a tang lover:D

Lol. Me too. Best reef fish out there. I have a lieutenant and an orange on hold for me on Wednesday! Can't wait!

Only a couple of tangs left on my wish list.

Doctorfish
Purple
Black
Regular female naso (since I have a male blonde)
And horseshoe

Jlsardina said:
Only a couple of tangs left on my wish list.

Doctorfish
Purple
Black
Regular female naso (since I have a male blonde)
And horseshoe

Nice! I love the naso and purples!!

I want an Achilles sooo bad. But they are expensive and I've heard so many horror stories about how they are hard to keep alive

Yeah. But I hear a lot of people not being able to get it to eat or it's just to hard to maintain. I'm waiting a few years before I even attempt him at 200$+ a piece

Wow. Had to look it up too. The Achilles is gorgeous!

And your tank is amazing. I am very jealous!

Your tank looks great!! I just got a deal on a 180 and was wondering what size sump and what return pump do you have?

Also, achilles are hard to maintain. Naso, powders, purples, yellows and blacks are a lot easier,

Thanks! I use a 40 gallon sump/refugium but will be upgrading to a 55 soon. As far as pump- don't know the exact model- but here's a pic

Thanks. I'm looking for a 55g now. Petco has them for $55 but I want to find a cheaper used one.

I am amazed how fast you got your tank up and running. You should be on Tanked.

Lmao. I've been preparing for it for a while. I've had water going and sand as well. Plus 130 gallons and rock and substrate from an established tank. It helps to have good friends that work full time at a LFS. Lol

Btw- Craigslist is your best bet. You can get a 55 gal for 20$ and just silicone in your own dividers in any way that you want.

Back
Top Bottom