My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cardinal3420 said:
Isn't that the truth lol! Cant wait to see your new tank all set up! There's a used one same size with dual overflows here at the store for sale. They keep trying to get me to take it home lol. My girlfriend would kill me haha.

Lol. She will thank you in the end. Or better yet- make it her Xmas present. Lmao

WOW,,this sure moved fast from 2 days ago when you had no help:lol:
Looks good..you gotta get a purple tang ,,the are great(y)

FTMMWS said:
WOW,,this sure moved fast from 2 days ago when you had no help:lol:
Looks good..you gotta get a purple tang ,,the are great(y)

I have a wholesaler trying to find me one for under 100$. It pays to have friends in Miami. Lol

rdnelson99 said:
Tank is looking great and the LEDs are perfect. Wish I could afford some myself. LOL Years ago I had to make a decision. Have lots of cool things and money to spend or.....have kids. Sometimes I wonder if I made the right decision. hehehehehehe

Hahaha too funny.

I've put an app in at the lfs for a second job and the discounts. Other than that I desperately need a second job If I want to keep playing with sw. I would love to spend 1k on corrals. I've eyed some on liveaquaria for 300each. Let alone the designer clowns I want

coffeetwitch said:
Hahaha too funny.

I've put an app in at the lfs for a second job and the discounts. Other than that I desperately need a second job If I want to keep playing with sw. I would love to spend 1k on corrals. I've eyed some on liveaquaria for 300each. Let alone the designer clowns I want

Always bargain with the stores! There's such a high mark up that they can knock off 10-20% and still make a huge profit. My LFS has a 200% markup from their wholesale costs. I usually get 10-15% off their listed price

coffeetwitch said:
One pet store I do that at. pet warehouse won't budge. I've stopped going to them.

3 out of 4 of my LFS will budge for me. That's how I got 150 lbs of used sand for 40$. Bargain bargain bargain!!! Lol. I tell em- make me happy I come back. If not I go to your competitors. I still go to the others. Lol. But they don't need to know that!

Yep. We had to spend a bunch of cash at first and went in like twice a week before we started getting friendly knock downs. Probably didnt hurt that sweety pie flirted a little.

I have a great supplier now. Really good guy. Since I have been with him so long he give me supplies at his cost plus shipping. And his fish are always lower than online. But I still spend too much.

One lfs ordered for me a few times. If I get there before he empties the bag he is cheaper than online too.

Have to get rid of my 110g and 65g hexagon to pay for the nice toys I want for the 180. Plus one tank is enough for me.

RJT said:
I have a great supplier now. Really good guy. Since I have been with him so long he give me supplies at his cost plus shipping. And his fish are always lower than online. But I still spend too much.

One lfs ordered for me a few times. If I get there before he empties the bag he is cheaper than online too.

Have to get rid of my 110g and 65g hexagon to pay for the nice toys I want for the 180. Plus one tank is enough for me.

Yeah. My LFS does the whole discount before its out of the bag too. Great prices. P

Only thing I'm not able to get is any type of guarantee on livestock.

If you get that purple tang make him the last tang. I hear they can be meannnn

My favorite LFS has very good prices and she is extremely helpful. The only problem is she has very little to choose from because it has been a rough couple of years for her. Whenever possible, I buy from her because I want her to stay open. On the other hand, because is closed Mondays I couldn't stop and get the $20 aqua lifter from her. I happened to stop at another store because I was in the area and found a used one for $10. Well, guess she will just have to hold on to the pump. LOL

Felt like I have neglected you guys. Not much going on but moved some coral around today til I can get more time to fix the rocks. I had to use goggles to be able to see the bottom of the tank. I either need longer arms or one of those little grabbers on a stick that old people use. Anyone know where I can find them???

stunning!

try a farm supply store... do you have those in florida? oh maybe lawn and garden or ask the front desk at a hardware store. or a janitorial store. or at a med supply place like where you get wheel chairs or crutches.

you live in florida. just knock the old guy on the beach with metal detector down and take his.

coffeetwitch said:
stunning!

try a farm supply store... do you have those in florida? oh maybe lawn and garden or ask the front desk at a hardware store. or a janitorial store. or at a med supply place like where you get wheel chairs or crutches.

you live in florida. just knock the old guy on the beach with metal detector down and take his.

Lmgdao. I dunno about knocking an old guy over at the beach- the rest of em might come after me and hit me with their walkers! Lol Jk Jk. I've tried Walmart and the lady looked at me like I was nuts. Filler store didn't have em. I'll have to try the hardware store. I'm getting tired of looking like I swam in my tank every time I stick my arm in there. I literally can not reach the center of the tank because my arms are too short and there is a piece of glass built in there (ahhhh). I lottery had on goggles today. I looked ridiculous! My neighbor saw me through the window and I could see her laugh. I swear I might just have to throw a bathing suit on and hop in the tank next time!

Omg. Attack of the iPhone auto correct! But I think you can get the point

Disclaimer: I can not be held responsible for anything posted that my iPhone has made look ridiculous. I swear I have an education and can talk in an intelligent manner.

Lol. I'm a woman. Like a hurricane I am a force of nature that's unstoppable. Lmao. Jk. Yes. I am using LEDs. I love them. Why?

Omg. Attack of the iPhone auto correct! But I think you can get the point

Disclaimer: I can not be held responsible for anything posted that my iPhone has made look ridiculous. I swear I have an education and can talk in an intelligent manner.

im lousy at spelling. so much so that i dont see it when i read other peoples mistakes.

they had that one guys wife in a two piece putting coral inserts in a shark tank on "tanked"

hahaha sorry dont mean to imply anything but i just thought of the sence in "deuce bigalo"? when rob snider's character is at the pet store and the blond chic is working the counter and hes trying to get her to get the snails at the bottom of the tank.

i got that look when i went to home depot and asked for crystal sand pool filter sand, the guy just looked at me like i was crazy and making it up.

coffeetwitch said:
im lousy at spelling. so much so that i dont see it when i read other peoples mistakes.

they had that one guys wife in a two piece putting coral inserts in a shark tank on "tanked"

hahaha sorry dont mean to imply anything but i just thought of the sence in "deuce bigalo"? when rob snider's character is at the pet store and the blond chic is working the counter and hes trying to get her to get the snails at the bottom of the tank.

i got that look when i went to home depot and asked for crystal sand pool filter sand, the guy just looked at me like i was crazy and making it up.

Lol. I saw that episode of tanked. I was laughing so hard I almost had soda come out my nose. And yes I remember the movie! Lol. She had on the white tshirt "lower...the ones all the way down there". Lmao. Or something like that.

Don't you hate it when you are asking for something specific and people give you this weird look??? Lol. One time I swear a lady said she didn't speak English just so she didn't have to help me! I can see it now though- you may as well went into the hardware store asking for a left handed screw driver. You may have gotten the same response. Lol

Back
Top Bottom