My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I put up the standard BRS netting to keep my Bengal out, but I've been running topless for months now with no issue. He still knocks my light into the frag tank on occasion. I've heard that aluminum foil wrapped around the top works - also a spray bottle that you can spray when he is by the tank so he'll think it was from the tank.

Try a search on AA... Believe there is a whole thread about it.

Congrats on the new nightmare... I mean kitty! ;)

Jlsardina said:
Ok. I have to figure out how to Bengal proof my tank! My birthday present today was picking out a Bengal!!! Yay! Any advice???

Awesome!! I'm getting my F3 Savannah on the 19th!! So I'll need the advice too

Here's a pic of our F5 Savannah, had her about 3 months!! She's quite the terrorist!! She loves to jump on top of the refugium light, when the doors open, and try her paw at fishing. Hasn't caught anything, but some Prolifera!!
Wrapping any exposed cords in foil, will keep them from chewing on cords. All my cords are concealed, but I've heard of doing this to curb them from chewing on them.
Haven't caught her on my lights....yet, as mine are on legs directly above the tank. But even if she did, they are pretty sturdy.
Your lights hang don't they? I don't think there's much you could do about them...hope for the best, and make sure if it did jump on them, that they are well secured and could handle the load.
Best of luck Jodi!
PS- is a Bengal the same thing as a Serval or Savannah?

Flreefer said:
Here's a pic of our F5 Savannah, had her about 3 months!! She's quite the terrorist!! She loves to jump on top of the refugium light, when the doors open, and try her paw at fishing. Hasn't caught anything, but some Prolifera!!
Wrapping any exposed cords in foil, will keep them from chewing on cords. All my cords are concealed, but I've heard of doing this to curb them from chewing on them.
Haven't caught her on my lights....yet, as mine are on legs directly above the tank. But even if she did, they are pretty sturdy.
Your lights hang don't they? I don't think there's much you could do about them...hope for the best, and make sure if it did jump on them, that they are well secured and could handle the load.
Best of luck Jodi!
PS- is a Bengal the same thing as a Serval or Savannah?

Ok thanks. A Bengal is mix of an Asian leopard cat and a domestic black cat. It's about the same size of a house cat but has the cool patterns similar to a savannah.

Here's a picture of mine from the breeder, he's only 6 weeks old so he's still got a couple weeks left (4 weeks old in the picture). Got to think up a name too lol Sorry Jodi for hijacking your thread!! :(

Attachments

• image-2464898167.jpg
    image-2464898167.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 91
Ok thanks. A Bengal is mix of an Asian leopard cat and a domestic black cat. It's about the same size of a house cat but has the cool patterns similar to a savannah.

Here's a picture of mine from the breeder, he's only 6 weeks old so he's still got a couple weeks left (4 weeks old in the picture). Got to think up a name too lol Sorry Jodi for hijacking your thread!! :(

Cute Kitty! I want one, LOL.

Happy Birthday Jodi! Good luck with cat-proofing your tank, I wish you the best!

Flreefer said:
Glad to here your Bengal is doing well.
How's the Achilles doing? Good I hope.

He's doing great. He Icked up a little but but he's doing great now. Still eating like a champ!

Also- I've got a 9 lb rock that is completely covered in tyree meteor shower that I need to frag. What's the best way? It's so covered that the chalice on top of the rock is even being taken over. It's definitely time.

I saw that, and was drooling over it in you video! I have a nice 5"x 5" piece, but that one is huge. I've never fragged one, but depending how thick the base is, it may need to be cut with a wet saw. If its not too thick, you may be able to hit it with a chisel and hammer, from the top. It may damage the cut edge, but it would recover.
Really beautiful piece Jodi, really beautiful tank, actually!

Flreefer said:
I saw that, and was drooling over it in you video! I have a nice 5"x 5" piece, but that one is huge. I've never fragged one, but depending how thick the base is, it may need to be cut with a wet saw. If its not too thick, you may be able to hit it with a chisel and hammer, from the top. It may damage the cut edge, but it would recover.
Really beautiful piece Jodi, really beautiful tank, actually!

Lol. Thanks. I have a wet band saw - but this rock is about a 8" diameter ball.

Maybe try to take some off the back with a chisel, until it will fit in the saw. It would be hard, If it's a solid rock, but not too bad, if it is somewhat porous.
Glad to hear the Achilles is doing well, sounds like it just had to get used to the new neighborhood!
Good luck with the fragging!

Flreefer said:
Maybe try to take some off the back with a chisel, until it will fit in the saw. It would be hard, If it's a solid rock, but not too bad, if it is somewhat porous.
Glad to hear the Achilles is doing well, sounds like it just had to get used to the new neighborhood!
Good luck with the fragging!

Thanks!

I have been fragging for three days now (what I could without using the band saw). Favites, ultra pink chalice, acro, birds of paradise, zoas, finger leather, lol. The list goes on forever. Taking a lot to the shop and cleaning up the tank.

Well. I don't have to frag the meteor shower after all. Called a buddy over And he offered me 700$ for the piece. Lol. I'll go buy a frag

Holy cow!!! I knew they were pricey, but that's insane. Naples is definitely a good place for a store!!! Wasn't it more millionaires per capita, than any other place on the country? It shows!!
Darn, my frags got to be worth about $100 by now!! :)
Well he was also purchasing an 8 pound rock too, right?

Flreefer said:
Holy cow!!! I knew they were pricey, but that's insane. Naples is definitely a good place for a store!!! Wasn't it more millionaires per capita, than any other place on the country? It shows!!
Darn, my frags got to be worth about $100 by now!! :)
Well he was also purchasing an 8 pound rock too, right?

Yes. It's like a 9lb rock with a chailice on top that kept the meteor shower in less light as needed. The chalice is about 9-11 inches across in diameter as well. It's a bright green.

Ohh, didn't remember the Chalice from your video, just that amazing Cephastrea!
I didn't know they were medium light either, I've got mine up really high, and it is spreading well.
It was about 2" x 3" when I got it, now it's about 5" x 5". I'm under T5 though, but a lot of it! Maybe that's medium enough.

Back
Top Bottom