My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sniperhank said:
That's cool. I def want to give one a shot at some point, mostly the electric flame scallop. They are amazing.

Just hope that you get some that settle up front. They have to be feed often and if they settle in the back it's impossible. I've heard of some gluing them down but I find it mean as you take away their natural defense

I understand what you mean by that. I was very very patient with my maxima clam to settle down. But since the scallops aren't interested in the light, why would they move around so much...just flow?

Not happy about the storms last night. I guess I lost power- but I'm not sure for how long. When the power came back on tho it tripped the switch and tank was left off. I did wake up at about 3 and noticed so I fixed it. But things didnt look happy. All the fish appear better now and some corals are looking better. It's time to install my battery backup. Thing is just super heavy tho.

that blows, your poor feet and another heavy object. may have to invest in some steel or composite toe boots for when you work on your tanks.

Sniperhank said:
I understand what you mean by that. I was very very patient with my maxima clam to settle down. But since the scallops aren't interested in the light, why would they move around so much...just flow?

Defense mechanism. If bothered they thrust themselves to safety.

coffeetwitch said:
now a question, is it lack of flow, during a power outage, that can cause a take to die? if so why?

The lack of water movement causes a loss of oxygen in the water

Sniperhank said:
Board up your tanks!

No joke there. Especially since my tank is by two windows and two 8' sliding glass doors. Thankfully I have shutters going up soon if it stays it's course

Hope you are able to keep power. If not, those battery powered air pumps work great for a while.

Still waiting on the storm. Expected tonight. I'm in a hurricane warning zone because I am in collier county. I'm putting shutters up around the tank (windows by it) now so it will be safe!

Back
Top Bottom