My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Felt like I have neglected you guys. Not much going on but moved some coral around today til I can get more time to fix the rocks. I had to use goggles to be able to see the bottom of the tank. I either need longer arms or one of those little grabbers on a stick that old people use. Anyone know where I can find them???

Looks great! Nice job!

redsea said:
Looks great! Nice job!

Thank you! It's a work in progress. Spotted a 55lb rock that I want to get to fill in the middle. But the 250$ price tag is making me cautious. Lol

Thank you! It's a work in progress. Spotted a 55lb rock that I want to get to fill in the middle. But the 250$ price tag is making me cautious. Lol

Yep, rock can be expensive, :(. I am not looking forward to spending $100's when I upgrade. I am still looking for a 180g, I have been looking for a while now.

redsea said:
Yep, rock can be expensive, :(. I am not looking forward to spending $100's when I upgrade. I am still looking for a 180g, I have been looking for a while now.

Craigslist is a beautiful thing. I have the app on my iPhone and it sends me alerts to my searches as soon as they are posted. I found out about my 220 ten minutes after it was posted. The guy told me he had 15 emails after me so I was app happy to hear that I was the first!

coffeetwitch said:
tell me about it.

hahaha "no english" imma have to tell that to my boss the next time he asks me to do something stupid.

Lol. Tell me how that goes! Every time my boss calls me I answer the phone saying "I didn't do it". I've even tried the calling in sick before with anal glaucoma ( cant see my happy a$$ coming in to work today lol) but it didn't work. It's a good thing my boss likes my sense of humor or I would have been fired a loooong time ago

Gti_Leo said:
just curious. i'm planning on trying a DIY LED build from rapid LED on my next build

Cool. I love the LEDs- from the looks to the better care for my tank. I have seen some cool DIY LEDs on the web. Can't wait to see how yours turn out!

My 3 units ran 1050$ total. I am guessing the DIY kits cost as much as you are willing to spend. You get what you pay for I guess. I've seen as simple as LEDs placed in rubber lids with small holes drilled into them to as much as lots just sold online.

well a kit that will light up a 72x24x24 180g will use about 96 LEDs and a dimable 48 LED kit goes for $385 so for the lights,drivers and optics its $770 plus heat sinks and fans. the heat sinks can vary if you get drilled and tapped or plain, where as a 2 fan kit is like $30. and for $70 you can get a daylight controller to simulate the suns natural effect. a total will be around $1000 and that will allow you to grow SPS and clams.

for the 220g you can get by with the same thing only you will need 40 degree optics rather then 60

check them out www.raidled.com they are very helpful also and quick to respond to your questions

if you want just the basic kits non dimming 670 for the leds just the fans and the heat sinks are required. so about $800

Jlsardina said:
Lmgdao. I dunno about knocking an old guy over at the beach- the rest of em might come after me and hit me with their walkers! Lol Jk Jk. I've tried Walmart and the lady looked at me like I was nuts. Filler store didn't have em. I'll have to try the hardware store. I'm getting tired of looking like I swam in my tank every time I stick my arm in there. I literally can not reach the center of the tank because my arms are too short and there is a piece of glass built in there (ahhhh). I lottery had on goggles today. I looked ridiculous! My neighbor saw me through the window and I could see her laugh. I swear I might just have to throw a bathing suit on and hop in the tank next time!

They do have them at Walmart they are called a gopher. Just ask the person where are are all of the as seen on TV items are kept. I would bet that all of the as seen on TV items are at one of the registers. They also carry some at petco right next to the vac's I don't know what they are called.

Lol. Tell me how that goes! Every time my boss calls me I answer the phone saying "I didn't do it". I've even tried the calling in sick before with anal glaucoma ( cant see my happy a$$ coming in to work today lol) but it didn't work. It's a good thing my boss likes my sense of humor or I would have been fired a loooong time ago

Tell your boss he/she needs an "Eye-ectomy". That is where they remove the nerve connecting your eyes to your @$$hole to get rid of you !$%^^& outlook on life. :)

rdnelson99 said:
Tell your boss he/she needs an "Eye-ectomy". That is where they remove the nerve connecting your eyes to your @$$hole to get rid of you !$%^^& outlook on life. :)

I almost started crying that was so FUNNY!!!:D

I bought a "plant trimming" kit from petco and it has little claws that can reach down into the tank and a doo hickey that you can use to close the claws up on the top of the handle. I have used it many many times to put back dropped corals and flip upside down snails. LOL On;ly cost like $15 too. :-D

rdnelson99 said:

Lmfao. That's a good one!!! :p

Back
Top Bottom