My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok. Has anyone else had an issue with the UV sterilizer and feeding garlic and it making your house reek like burnt garlic???

Ok. Now my house smells like a garlic pumpkin! Happy Halloween everyone! Hope you enjoy my jack-o-lantern!

Lol. I think it's helping. But my house REEEEEEAKS!!!

And yeah. I drew it out first and then carved.

Lol. No. Just keep adding salt as it evaporates to raise my salinity. However. After a day away from the house I came home to ick. Greeeeeeeat (insert sarcastic voice here). Qt tank is now running with the blonde naso and white cheek. Will have to watch the remainder of the fish for signs of stress. Everyone is happy and eating. But geesh. Just what I needed right now

Did you ever read the articles Melosu58 posts? They are done by Steven Pro about ick and QT, pretty good articles. I lost most of my tank to ick, and saved 2 clowns by doing hypo (I just ordered cupramine to run prophalacticaly in my QT as well as prazipro). If you treat just two, and put them back in the rest will still have it and it will be a battle until well, unfortunately your fish die.

Also, I think you told someone that kickich or something like that worked, I hope you go back and let them know it did not work (so they can read those articles before the next outbreak in two+ weeks). Good luck with the QT, you have a lot of nice fish and I hope they all get better soon!!! Also if you are using cupramine there are only 3 test kits that work properly with it, seachem has two and salifert is the other. Can't wait to see the progress on the tank.

Kick ick is still working on my tank. And it has worked in the past. The fish that I lost was just too bad to quickly. The remainder of the fish in the tank are making a great recovery. I do believe i told the person on their post that in the past it was a small, or not severe, ick breakout . This has however been my first black ick breakout

Thanks for the articles. Will check em out.

Hmmm. I hating anticipation and waiting for people to respond off of Craigslist. Found a 125 reef tank with the whole setup on Craigslist today for 300$. Waiting on a response. If I get it I'm taking the 150lbs of rock and all the corals and transferring it to the 220. Then- whatever is left over my husband can finally have his fowlr. Lol. Aren't I nice???

If I do get this- does anyone know what fish you can house with an octopus? If any? My husband is thinking about this for his (possible) tank but want other fish. He knows his stingray is out of the question cause we can't house another 200+ tank anywhere. Lol.

I know octopus are escape artists. Saw a vid of one going through a half inch hole. And my lfs had 2. One died shortly after receiving. The other one unscrewed a cap on the what was thought escape proof tank and was found dead on the floor the following morning.

Omg. Wow. Lol. Yeah. I'd have a wire mesh on the tank at that point. Lol. But I can't really see anything on the web that can be really housed with it so it may end up as a no go. I'm not gonna waste a 125 on just an octopus. Lol

Octopus dont' live very long and only come out when you are sleeping. What kind of octo does he want? They are really cool though.

There is one at my LFS for like 40$ that he has been eyeing for a week now. I'm not sure what type. But if he got at least a year or two out of him I guess it's not too bad of a price.

Back
Top Bottom