My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thats a steal for a 55g. everyone around me asks top dollar for a used tank. oh a fun little fyi. a 40 breeder has a larger foot print than a 55g. im not sure of the measurements of a 60 but i think its the best of both. its got the volume and square inches.

Craigslist is one of my closet friends.

Oh yeah, sounds like you were set up nice with the water, rock and sand. Thats something I will have to do.

Did you build your own led or buy a set? I want to get leds but 2k for lights is way out of my price range.

thats a steal for a 55g. everyone around me asks top dollar for a used tank. oh a fun little fyi. a 40 breeder has a larger foot print than a 55g. im not sure of the measurements of a 60 but i think its the best of both. its got the volume and square inches.

I didn't know that? Is it wider?

40b is like 36*18=648 square inches. 55g 12.5*48=600

like i said im not sure of the 60g but its tall and fat... ha just like me.

RJT said:
Craigslist is one of my closet friends.

Oh yeah, sounds like you were set up nice with the water, rock and sand. Thats something I will have to do.

Did you build your own led or buy a set? I want to get leds but 2k for lights is way out of my price range.

I use ecoray 60D. I have 3 units. Total cost for the three were 1050$. The PAR ratings are excellent on these.

Huh, I learned something new today...thanks.

I still need a 4ft tank for all of the stuff I want to put into it ie skimmer, ozone heater, refuge and misc (ato and kalkwasser) media reactor

I use ecoray 60D. I have 3 units. Total cost for the three were 1050$. The PAR ratings are excellent on these.

Thats a good price. Since you have them and they look good to me I will look into them. My supplier suggested the new ecotechs at 680 each and I would need three. I think my truck is worth around that much.

I love the Eco rays. When only the blues are on my tank looks electric. And their ratings are outstanding.

Kinda sad. But I'm not really into material things, except for this hobby. I will drive my truck until its not fixable. This hobby is great, but it is addictive. You can spend several thousands and still lose fish and coral.

I love the Eco rays. When only the blues are on my tank looks electric. And their ratings are outstanding.

I contacting my local supplier later on today. It will be my Christmas present to myself. I was going to get a reef keeper but leds are more important.

Lol. IMO LEDs are worth every penny! And this stuff is addictive. I spent 1k in coral last month! Scary

is it brand new? the jettas used to be more expensive then the golfs, but with the 6th generation they completly redeigned everything so its almost nothing liek the golfs anymore

Man, I am gone for a couple hours and there at 10 pages to this thread. LOL

Yes, it had 15 miles on it when we test drove it. Really a nice car for the price. My wife wants one. LOL

Tank is looking great and the LEDs are perfect. Wish I could afford some myself. LOL Years ago I had to make a decision. Have lots of cool things and money to spend or.....have kids. Sometimes I wonder if I made the right decision. hehehehehehe

Lol. IMO LEDs are worth every penny! And this stuff is addictive. I spent 1k in coral last month! Scary

That is scary. But coral makes the tank look good. Do you kalk, dose or have a calcium reactor?

rdnelson99 said:
Tank is looking great and the LEDs are perfect. Wish I could afford some myself. LOL Years ago I had to make a decision. Have lots of cool things and money to spend or.....have kids. Sometimes I wonder if I made the right decision. hehehehehehe

Lol. I have both. But I work 2 jobs to support my addictions as well

RJT said:
That is scary. But coral makes the tank look good. Do you kalk, dose or have a calcium reactor?

I test and then treat calcium weekly. As a SW tank owner we are chemists, doctors, pet sitters and so much more!

Isn't that the truth lol! Cant wait to see your new tank all set up! There's a used one same size with dual overflows here at the store for sale. They keep trying to get me to take it home lol. My girlfriend would kill me haha.

I test and then treat calcium weekly. As a SW tank owner we are chemists, doctors, pet sitters and so much more!

I have more medication for my fish than for myself. They say thank you by surviving I guess.

Dosing sounds better than more machinery.

RJT said:
I have more medication for my fish than for myself. They say thank you by surviving I guess.

Dosing sounds better than more machinery.

Lol. Yeah. I hear ya. I prefer dosing that way I know exactly what's going on in my tank

Back
Top Bottom