My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
I bought a "plant trimming" kit from petco and it has little claws that can reach down into the tank and a doo hickey that you can use to close the claws up on the top of the handle. I have used it many many times to put back dropped corals and flip upside down snails. LOL On;ly cost like $15 too. :-D

That's a good idea. I'll go check there today

carey said:
I bought a "plant trimming" kit from petco and it has little claws that can reach down into the tank and a doo hickey that you can use to close the claws up on the top of the handle. I have used it many many times to put back dropped corals and flip upside down snails. LOL On;ly cost like $15 too. :-D

I saw that at petco the other day... I never thought of it like that!:0

I just got a 180 off of a local forum. I won't be like you, having it up and running in a one hour show but I will try to make it look as nice I hope.

if you start a thread ill subscribe.

Thanks. I will start one once I get my 110g sold. I made it really cheap on the local forum here. I need the funds to start buying stuff. I think the only things that cost more than this hobby are kids, wife and house. Everything else, including food, is cheap in comparison.

RJT said:
I just got a 180 off of a local forum. I won't be like you, having it up and running in a one hour show but I will try to make it look as nice I hope.

I wish it was an hour. It was two days of nonstop work! And even before that- things were done in preparation even before I had the tank!

I was just kidding. It takes a tremendous amount of work to get a tank up and running. I like to mess with the show "Tanked" It took days for my 110 to get up and running. I had a few leaks with made it take almost a week. And I had everything for that tank already since I had a 110 that wasn't reef ready and transferred everything over.

Lol. It's cool. I just know I was cursin myself for getting another tank while I was setting it up!

Its worth it. Your tank looks great. Did you decide to get the purple tang?

I just read on another thread, you have 10 tangs in your tank? Wow, thats incredible. You can teach a class on keeping them.

Lol. No. Just keep adding salt as it evaporates to raise my salinity. However. After a day away from the house I came home to ick. Greeeeeeeat (insert sarcastic voice here). Qt tank is now running with the blonde naso and white cheek. Will have to watch the remainder of the fish for signs of stress. Everyone is happy and eating. But geesh. Just what I needed right now

I'm treating in a qt tank with copper. My rock guy is on hold cause I'm buying a 50lb rock next week that's gonna be a centerpiece for the tank. I hate treating for ick. AHHHHHHH

Back
Top Bottom