My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah. I understand that. I just had my main emphasis on corals when I started so I jumped to making sure the water was good I guess

what test kit do you use? would you recommend it to others?

all ive got is api for the nitrogen cycle and pH. what all does a person need for corals?

I have all API tests. Let's see.. The tests I have are

AK
PH
CA
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
Phosphates
Magnesium

I think that's all I test

It's like I'm a little biologist! :p

rdnelson99 said:
Looking great. What is that in pic #10? I want one. :) Ok, so I want a clam too and a ..........

Lol. Pic 10 is a hammer coral- purple/green. It's about 13 heads last I counted.

Which clams do you want? I have a maxima and a croacea clam. The maximas are more expensive but have a lot brighter coloring.

seachem has a multiple kit. Calcium, magnesium, and phosphates are separate.

There's an API master kit. It has ph, ammonia nitrites and nitrates. The test I bought separately.

I also believe that API sells a master reef kit though that tests the hardness, calcium, phosphates and magnesium. Both of the master kits are about 20-25$

Lol. Pic 10 is a hammer coral- purple/green. It's about 13 heads last I counted.

Which clams do you want? I have a maxima and a croacea clam. The maximas are more expensive but have a lot brighter coloring.

I really haven't started to research them yet. I just want one that is gorgeous. LOL Because my tank is so small, I need to stick to one that wont grow too large too fast.

There's an API master kit. It has ph, ammonia nitrites and nitrates. The test I bought separately.

That is the "Saltwater Master" kit. They also make the "Reef Master" kit wich has Calcium, KH, Phosphate and Nitrate. Whey they put nitrate in both is beyond me but..... I have both and then I bought the Elos magnesium test kit.

Jodi, did you say you dose iodine? You didn't list that you test for it. How do you know it needs it and how much it needs?

rdnelson99 said:
That is the "Saltwater Master" kit. They also make the "Reef Master" kit wich has Calcium, KH, Phosphate and Nitrate. Whey they put nitrate in both is beyond me but..... I have both and then I bought the Elos magnesium test kit.

Jodi, did you say you dose iodine? You didn't list that you test for it. How do you know it needs it and how much it needs?

I have my LFS test it for me weekly at this point. But I've also read that none of the tests are truly accurate because of the way that iodine breaks down into thee different compounds in the tank so they test results don't account for all three compounds. Or something like that. I only dose with iodine once a week and it based off the recommendations of the bottle and the test result of the LFS.

10-4 I figured based on your skill level and the way your tank looks you wouldn't be one to throw something in without knowing for sure first. LOL

rdnelson99 said:
10-4 I figured based on your skill level and the way your tank looks you wouldn't be one to throw something in without knowing for sure first. LOL

Lol. I don't know about skill levels.

Here's an article I read on iodine in the aquarium. There are a few others as well. Will post em when I find them again
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2003/3/chemistry

Ok. I'm officially mad at my yellow tang. I know they are only semi aggressive but enough is enough. He has been a tank bully since day one. Last night I noticed him picking on my clown! This morning guess what - my clown was dead. This tang is coming out! On top of that- my buddy's yellow tang killed his banners last night. What the heck is going on???

Sorry for your loss on the clown. And sorry to hear bout the tang.

Back
Top Bottom