My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
melosu58 said:
Just over 13 yrs ago I had a bubble coral like yours. Just wanted to show you what it looks like after 13 and half yrs.

That's friggen awesome looking!

coffeetwitch said:
I like a lot of the aussie corals and fish. At least when I cruse la those are the ones that really catch my eye.

They have the best colors imo

Here's pics. It sucks that you can't see the bright orange. Hammer is still opening up tho.

image-1607463218.jpg

image-2337445595.jpg

Now off to the cape to get the tank et al.

Lol. Thanks. Getting some more coral with this 125 gal that I'm selling. Plus a carpet anenome, a clown, a fox face that I may give to my buddy, about 15 heads of duncans, more mushrooms, and a lot more. This deal keeps getting better and better

I wasnt try to take over your thread just wanted you to see what 13 yrs down the road will look like. Nice looking tank BTW.

melosu58 said:
I wasnt try to take over your thread just wanted you to see what 13 yrs down the road will look like. Nice looking tank BTW.

Lol. No worries. It's awesome to know that's what mine might look like in 10+ years.

And thanks! It's gonna go thru a big transformation tonight when I add the 200 lbs of live rock and whatever other corals I decide to keep from this guys tank.

Anyone have any insight on carpet anemones? There was one at my LFS and it moved all the time while it was there. I worry about my corals. Should I keep it or sell it to the LFS?

SwimsWithFish said:
Can't wait to see it! How much rock is in there now?

There's about 140 lbs in there right now- that I can remember. I had 100+ then bought some more a few times one piece at a time.

coffeetwitch said:
I agree. Pictures are a must.

Lol. You just wanna see the spartan army take over the jerk of a king. Jk Jk. Soon. Promise. Have to get all the rock in and re situate all my corals and whatever ones I keep from this guys tank. So far I'm selling an anenome and a fox face to the LFS. And maybe some of the duncans to turn a bigger profit

Jlsardina said:
Anyone have any insight on carpet anemones? There was one at my LFS and it moved all the time while it was there. I worry about my corals. Should I keep it or sell it to the LFS?

Sell it,carpet anemones are beautiful,but get huge and will close up on fish in a heartbeat. Except hosting clowns.

And thanks! It's gonna go thru a big transformation tonight when I add the 200 lbs of live rock and whatever other corals I decide to keep from this guys tank.

I hope you get a better deal than what I got. I bought 200 lbs of LR when I got this tank and paid 8.99 a lb. I had a very flat wallet for a while.

Ricksreef said:
Sell it,carpet anemones are beautiful,but get huge and will close up on fish in a heartbeat. Except hosting clowns.

Ok. That's my plan. Thanks for the info

melosu58 said:
I hope you get a better deal than what I got. I bought 200 lbs of LR when I got this tank and paid 8.99 a lb. I had a very flat wallet for a while.

Oh I got a heck of a deal. I got a whole tank with 200 lbs of live rock for 500$. I'm taking the rock, corals, and fish and reselling the tank for 400 on Craigslist at minimum. So in the end I'll be paying 100$ for over 20 heads of duncans, mushrooms, palys, grape coral, clown, fox face (selling it as well), and a carpet anenome (selling). In the end I'm selling a 120 gal acrylic tank, uv, skimmer, power heads, sump, MH lighting, and stand and canopy. I think that's worth 400$. Don't you?

Back
Top Bottom