My new 220 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_1655042_0_c6eccd0646583a4a1b1b56f4e2b7d196.jpg

img_1655042_1_13bb67720ce83e9969d20621f8ff07af.jpg

coffeetwitch said:
very nice. i know we have touched on it and you aforementioned it but you ad rotifers to your fuge regularly?

I have yes- not a daily thing tho
Just sort of whenever I'm at the LFS and they have a few bottles I'll pick one up

Ok. Pwc done- cleaned 50% bio balls, cleaned sponges, changed filter floss, pruned mangroves and macro, scrubbed glass, adjusted new corals.

Then - started buffing out the 125 and it's sump. Gonna clean this thing up a bit this week and hope to have it out of my hallway but next week. Especially since my daughter whacked her face into the corner of the tank ( not paying attention) and got a small gash and a nasty goose egg.

Ok. I got to be doing something right- mandarin is coming put of rocks more!

Finished buffing out the sump last night. It's looks like it is new now. Next I start the tank

Jlsardina said:
Ok. I got to be doing something right- mandarin is coming put of rocks more!

Finished buffing out the sump last night. It's looks like it is new now. Next I start the tank

Awesome! Your Mandarin must be very happy then!

img_1657744_0_923065c55234759e01f57e1b0b4e702d.jpg

img_1657744_1_dce10a44d267195d54bc8775b4f00db7.jpg

img_1657744_2_a00ce22e3f9cff1c1e4e0e93597a0022.jpg

Right now I can honestly say he is my coolest fish. Lol. He's ranked over the purple tang!

Gorgeous little guy! Do you know if it's male or female by chance? Have you gotten it to eat any prepared yet or are you gonna just let it go for pods and be done with it?

Looking at my 125g tank today I was thinking on getting a wild red mandarin and just letting it go to town. lol

I agree it is beautiful. I been looking at them for months but kno I have six plus months before I can truly look.

carey said:
Gorgeous little guy! Do you know if it's male or female by chance? Have you gotten it to eat any prepared yet or are you gonna just let it go for pods and be done with it?

Looking at my 125g tank today I was thinking on getting a wild red mandarin and just letting it go to town. lol

I don't think he/she is old enough to tell the sex yet- isn't it the males have the longer dorsal?

The red mandarins are really cool looking. Would love to get one- but I think I need to find out what this little bigger is. Don't want two males trying to kill each other :(.

I have a pretty good pod population but doused rotifers today just for a peace of mind. He has picked at cyclopeeze today- but I figured I'd start with bloodworms in about a week. He has been going to town on my rockwork so I know he isn't starving yet :p

I don't think he/she is old enough to tell the sex yet- isn't it the males have the longer dorsal?

The red mandarins are really cool looking. Would love to get one- but I think I need to find out what this little bigger is. Don't want two males trying to kill each other :(.

I have a pretty good pod population but doused rotifers today just for a peace of mind. He has picked at cyclopeeze today- but I figured I'd start with bloodworms in about a week. He has been going to town on my rockwork so I know he isn't starving yet :p

Ohhh, so if you have a female Mandarin, you can get another female of a different type and they won't fight? Thanks!

redsea said:
So awesome. I can't wait to get one, only about a year to go, LOL.

I got really lucky in the fact that all my rock has come from other established tanks with great populations and I have also dosed for a while now. It's a good enough population that I have to wipe pods off the glass every day

redsea said:
Ohhh, so if you have a female Mandarin, you can get another female of a different type and they won't fight? Thanks!

That's what I've seen on my research. Two males is a no no. A male and a female- or two females are fine

I got really lucky in the fact that all my rock has come from other established tanks with great populations and I have also dosed for a while now. It's a good enough population that I have to wipe pods off the glass every day

This is great, I can't wait for the day when I will get to wipe pods off of my 125g once it is set up! I will start dosing right away from the start, and maybe six or so months down the road, I will add a Mandarin. :) Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom