Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-19-2010, 03:57 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Question My New 28G Nano - On the way

New to the site and somewhat new to SW. Spent months researching marine tanks ages ago and never quite got started, but just put in an order for a JBJ 28g Nano w/ HQI lighting.

Will start of as a FOWLR and if things go well eventually hopefully transform to a reef tank.

Since I have some time before it gets here would love to hear some feedback on stocking list, watch-outs, etc.

Current thinking:

Aragonite Sandbed
LR - would like to start with 50-75% base and 25-50% LR if I can find some decently priced local source which is not going to be easy I fear.

CUC - would appreciate some advice here. I've seen a wide variety of reco's on hermits and snails. TBS recommends 1 hermit per gallon! that's a lot of crabs!

After cycling and CUC settled in I'm thinking a clown pair and maybe a dottyback or goby. Want to keep the bio load minimal. I also want to stick to tank bred fish so am somewhat limited there choice wise.

What do you think?

I want to try to keep things small and simple at least for a while. Minor upgrades are a possibility re: pumps etc. but I won't be doing any drilling or major tank mods. I might add a HOB Fuge but I think the model I ordered has space for one in the back.

Son of Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
I think your plan looks pretty good. Clean up crew will be small in the beginning as there will not be much to feed off of in the beginning. I really like your plan.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

28g, nano

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com