Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-06-2011, 08:00 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeperOfFish

I did both....floated him then dripped him
Ok!! Whewww! I saw the bag in that pic. You really only have to drip them. Like an iv drip. The water temp will come to temp with the drip. And don't add the store water to the tank. Fish them out with a net. You can (not always) run into trouble with mixing store water into your tank.. Good luck.
__________________

__________________
SeaMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:01 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMe

Ok!! Whewww! I saw the bag in that pic. You really only have to drip them. Like an iv drip. The water temp will come to temp with the drip. And don't add the store water to the tank. Fish them out with a net. You can (not always) run into trouble with mixing store water into your tank.. Good luck.
The drip will usually take anywhere from 45 min to an hour. Depends on the fish..
__________________

__________________
SeaMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
KeeperOfFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Garland,TX
Posts: 724
Send a message via Skype™ to KeeperOfFish
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMe

Ok!! Whewww! I saw the bag in that pic. You really only have to drip them. Like an iv drip. The water temp will come to temp with the drip. And don't add the store water to the tank. Fish them out with a net. You can (not always) run into trouble with mixing store water into your tank.. Good luck.
Ok I did all that I researched on how to acclimate before I bought fish
__________________
KeeperOfFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:11 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
KeeperOfFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Garland,TX
Posts: 724
Send a message via Skype™ to KeeperOfFish
So I was planning for this tank to get a...
1 coral beauty angelfish
1-2 three stripe damsels
1 clown goby
2-3 sexy shrimp
Is this a good plan or overstocking it? I'd like to know before I buy the fish. Also if this is a good plan in what order should I add the fish??
Oh yeah and my LFS has a
Black and white occelaris clown fish and I think I'm gonna get him so advice please and thank you
__________________
KeeperOfFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
KeeperOfFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Garland,TX
Posts: 724
Send a message via Skype™ to KeeperOfFish
Anyone?? I don't like it when you really want some answers and no one replies....sigh
__________________
KeeperOfFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeperOfFish
So I was planning for this tank to get a...
1 coral beauty angelfish
1-2 three stripe damsels
1 clown goby
2-3 sexy shrimp
Is this a good plan or overstocking it? I'd like to know before I buy the fish. Also if this is a good plan in what order should I add the fish??
Oh yeah and my LFS has a
Black and white occelaris clown fish and I think I'm gonna get him so advice please and thank you
The angel beauty can nip at corals. Some say the won't if fed regularly. Damsels are aggressive fish as well. They might bully the shrimps.
__________________
SeaMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:58 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
KeeperOfFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Garland,TX
Posts: 724
Send a message via Skype™ to KeeperOfFish
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMe

The angel beauty can nip at corals. Some say the won't if fed regularly. Damsels are aggressive fish as well. They might bully the shrimps.
Hmmmmm ugh I like the damsels so much and the angel:/ but I need some shrimps or what else is there that sifts sand? Are three stripe damsels super aggressive? And I think I'm just gonna get simple corals like mushrooms I've read that people don't have problems with angelfish nipping them
__________________
KeeperOfFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:07 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeperOfFish

Hmmmmm ugh I like the damsels so much and the angel:/ but I need some shrimps or what else is there that sifts sand? Are three stripe damsels super aggressive? And I think I'm just gonna get simple corals like mushrooms I've read that people don't have problems with angelfish nipping them
The sexy shrimp are so small, I wouldn't be surprised if they would bully them to death. But if they are small damsels you might be ok. You might be able to get away with cleaner shrimp, they will also help with the health of the fish. As far as the angel, it is hit or miss as far as them doing damage to your corals.
__________________
SeaMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:08 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
KeeperOfFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Garland,TX
Posts: 724
Send a message via Skype™ to KeeperOfFish
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMe

The sexy shrimp are so small, I wouldn't be surprised if they would bully them to death. But if they are small damsels you might be ok. You might be able to get away with cleaner shrimp, they will also help with the health of the fish. As far as the angel, it is hit or miss as far as them doing damage to your corals.
Ok what if I got peppermint shrimp they are pretty big?
__________________
KeeperOfFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
KeeperOfFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Garland,TX
Posts: 724
Send a message via Skype™ to KeeperOfFish
Peppermint shrimp??
__________________

__________________
KeeperOfFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
29 gallon, bio, biocube, cube, oceanic

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 14 gallon BioCube swimdolphin Nano Reefs 32 08-10-2011 07:34 PM
Biocube 8 gallon build thread. First time need lots of pointers! rich6459 Nano Reefs 149 08-07-2011 11:12 PM
For Sale: Oceanic Biocube 14 Tank only HUKIT Archive 16 07-20-2011 02:16 PM
Oceanic biocube philadams Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 1 07-06-2011 03:38 PM
possible 55 gallon? allaboutfish Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 78 06-28-2011 05:20 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.