My New 29 Gallon Oceanic Biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice. Looking forward to getting some corals going when I finish my DIY fixture. Two lamps just isn't cutting it.

rdnelson99 said:
Very nice. Looking forward to getting some corals going when I finish my DIY fixture. Two lamps just isn't cutting it.

Haha ya i know what ya mean:) their totally worth it

I found the firefish hiding under a rock thank god he's still alive lol:) but he won't come out so I put some food right where he usually is hiding in hopes he will get some....I hope he comes out any ideas why he would be hiding? I have 2 occelaris clownfish, 1 coral beauty angelfish, and 1 three stripe damsel they shouldnt hurt him right? Thanks

Well I have my firefish in with clowns right now and he is fine. Although when I had my wrasse and tangs, he did get pushed around a bit and was hiding under rocks pretty often. They definitely spook easily - I wouldn't worry to much though; it'll come out when it's hungry :cool:

all4wheels2 said:
Well I have my firefish in with clowns right now and he is fine. Although when I had my wrasse and tangs, he did get pushed around a bit and was hiding under rocks pretty often. They definitely spook easily - I wouldn't worry to much though; it'll come out when it's hungry :cool:

Ok I figured he would come around but I wanted to make sure I didnt put him in a hostile environment lol thanks

The firefish came out for a swim today but he got spooked and went back to hiding under his rock......we are taking baby steps lol

This is an update.
First off I haven't had any additions but some losses :(
My Coral Beauty Angel died a mysterious death, it was one of those times when I was at my dads and my brother takes care of the tank, so who knows what could of happened.
Also my Firefish still hides under the rock after months but still hasn't come out to swim regularly and I'm pretty sure it is my damsels fault. I am considering taking one of them to the LFS or giving them away. What should I do?
Also my tank seems to be going through an algae bloom because there is a whole lot more than usual but I think it's because of the tank temperature, the fan that cools the lights broke and it was making the water really warm so I assumed it made the algae grow better but I fixed it. Also the pH was low so I figured that might be a reason so I used a buffer.
A few baby sea stars have come out of the rocks.
Other than that, nothing major has happened. If you have comments or advice feel free to share:)
P.s. I bought my second clown even though I was determined to get a B&W clown but now I'm seriously regretting it and I was wondering if you guys thought it would be totally mean or horrible if I brought it back to trade for a B&W one, I would certainly feel bad but I really really want a B&W one, let me know what you think.

What I was thinking if I take the damsel or Firefish and one clown my stock I would like would be..
Two clowns (1 B&W)
Firefish or Three Stripe Damsel
Coral Beauty
Midas Blenny
That's 5 fish..Good or bad?
Anyone?

More than likely the damsel is the issue. If fish arent coming out in the open, it is the damsels fault. I would get rid of the damsel and then see how the tank changes before getting anything else.

If your LFS will take the clown back then take it back and wait for a B&W one. It's what you really want. I'm sorry that your angel fish died. I've read that damsels can be pretty aggressive and most people don't really like them because their other fish are scared of them. I bet if you take it back your fire fish will come out.

Are you going to get any inverts in your tank? I always tell people to get a fire shrimp because that's what I want when I get a saltwater tank. LOL!

Alright, I'll take back the damsel and the one clown, I did have a peppermint shrimp but he disappeared a while ago so I'm probably going to get another shrimp. Thanks for replying.

Proposed Stock
2 Occelaris Clowns (B&W and Orange)
1 Firefish
1 Coral Beauty Angelfish
1 Midas Blenny
Bad or good?

I'm no expert but I don't see a problem with your stocking list. I don't think you'd have room for any other fish though. My only suggestion's would be maybe a smaller Blenny and I don't know if an orange clown and B&W clown will get along. Maybe get two B&W clowns instead and they can pair up. But that's just my thoughts.

Good suggestions^^ i would get a snaller blenny because the midas gets up to 6" and thats big for a biocube. :) and actually, a orange and B&W clowns will get along as ling as they are differant sizes :) mine love eachother!

Back
Top Bottom