My new 55 set up, advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WarDaddy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 55gallon that will have about 20 gallons of sump/refuge.

I plan on fish, softies, shoorm, zoos something like that, I have yet to figure this part out. I will be placing about 90lbs of live rock in it and the sump/fuge. DSB in the fuge, shallow sand in the tank.

I am thinking of pushing about 800GPH though the sump, from a 12gph overflow box, that would be just over 10X of my total volume. Does that sound correct? I will also have at least one powerhead in the tank that will have a swivel flow. the sump will pump up to 4 outputs ranging from right at waterline to about 6" deep. Streams will cross to create turbliance. Flow will be directed with 3/4" loc-line parts.

Should the line up from the tank be 1" or 3/4" pvc?
Is 800GPH too much? It is my primary water movement.

my lighting will be 4 odno (2x) 4ft 6500k lights for about 256 watts and 2 VHO actinac bulbs powerd my NO balasts powering themat 50% or qbout 100watts total blue. This gives me about 350 watts I guess, for about 6 watts a gallon... may be too much, but it is not MH, so I wetn with High Numbers. The bulbs will rotate on though the day, with all 6 only on for a few hours a day.

How does this sound?

Back
Top Bottom