Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #31
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Yeah. Mine has dropped to those levels when my ro/di was down and I used store do water. I saw no issues with my corals/clam. It didn't arise until I tried to bring it back up. If you dont have a power head point it at the surface, do it and see if it helps.

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Alright well the ph neven gets above 7.82 even with th power head pointed at the water. I have a graffic cart of my ph and the lowest it went is 7.69. I feel this is way to low. Now when I start dosing the tank my ph will rise but I'm a few months away for that since I will be stocking this thank slowly. What's a good method of raising the ph and keeping it stable. Any suggestions would be nice.

paulweck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulweck View Post
Alright well the ph neven gets above 7.82 even with th power head pointed at the water. I have a graffic cart of my ph and the lowest it went is 7.69. I feel this is way to low. Now when I start dosing the tank my ph will rise but I'm a few months away for that since I will be stocking this thank slowly. What's a good method of raising the ph and keeping it stable. Any suggestions would be nice.
I've used Kent's buffer a couple of times. It's not real expensive and is easy to find at Petco.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beengirl View Post

I've used Kent's buffer a couple of times. It's not real expensive and is easy to find at Petco.
Thanks for the reply. Did you have to dose that on a regular basis or is it a once and done thing?
Old 01-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank and setup look real real sharp!! Nice job and nice ate too. To detail and keeping things clean on the sump part. Wires etc all clean and neat.

Very Very well done!!

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict2161 View Post
Tank and setup look real real sharp!! Nice job and nice ate too. To detail and keeping things clean on the sump part. Wires etc all clean and neat.

Very Very well done!!
Thanks. I been planning this build for a year now. And now seeing it come to life is awesome. There's still a lot of wire management needed to be done. I'm ocd with this build I want everything to be Neat and clean. My 45 reef was a big learning experience with the hole setup( not neat and clean lol) so I want this tank to be right and once all done and stocked. I will be rebuilding my 45 tall tank. but Ofcourse when I save some more money this tank cost more then I planned for.

Thanks for looking.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Can anybody give me some more insight on my ph?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulweck View Post
Can anybody give me some more insight on my ph?
I'm sorry can you repost? What's your pH at? Your coal is 8.0-8.2. I maintain a pH of 8.2

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice FINatic

It's at 7.8 once was low at 7.69. If you click on the link in my Sig u can see a live reading of my ph temp and what not. I want my ph in the 8.2 range and for some reason no matter what I try it goes back down to 7.8 I was adjusting my alk yesterday because it was at 7.0 then after adjusting the Kh it went up to 8.2 but then today its back down. here's a list of my parameter.

Ph-7.81
Calc- 400
Kh-7.0
Mag- 1400
Nitrates- 0.00-0.25
Ammo-0.00
Phos- 0.12 yesterday and 0.01 today after gfo reactor installed.

The tank went throught a small quick cycle and finished about a week ago. Sand and rocks were all from my other tanks. I never really seen a big jump in my ammonia .50 ppm at the most but I think that's was from a little die off from the sand and rocks being in the containers for a month with no light just heater and powerhead. I left most of my clean up crew was in the containers along with the rocks and sand.

I went through a 2 day diatom outbreak then turned to a hair algae so I installed the gfo reactor after getting a reading of 0.12 from my Hannah checker. BTW I'm using all readsea tests.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Here's some pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130116_151126.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	144752   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130116_151152.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	144753  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130116_151206.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	144754  

Tags
build, cube, reef, reef build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com