My new 60 gl cube reef build!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Kent's buffer is easy. Take a little ro water, add the amount that the container says and let it dissolve. Then just slowly add that to the tank. It won't raise the pH above 8.2. It says to use it periodically til PH stabilizes, then can do it weekly or so as a maintenance.

Very nice tank, wish I'm organised as you are, under my tank more like bin.

Raising the Alk will stabilize the pH. Most marine buffers (for raising Alk) are designed and formulated to get the pH to about 8.2. Your Alk is quite low.

Ya I agree I just need to start working on my dosing. I thought I wouldn't have to but I need to get these parameters straight before I stock the tank with my corals.

Thanks for replying guys

Beengirl said:
The Kent's buffer is easy. Take a little ro water, add the amount that the container says and let it dissolve. Then just slowly add that to the tank. It won't raise the pH above 8.2. It says to use it periodically til PH stabilizes, then can do it weekly or so as a maintenance.

I always used Kent buffers also (Superbuffer). They work great at raising dKH° and stabilizing pH right above 8. Just use it as directed until your alkalinity is around 10-12 and you should be golden. I've never had a problem with the Kent product but other brands are probably fine also. The problem is your alkalinity. 7dKH° is lower than you want it.

Great setup by the way!

Back
Top Bottom