My new fish tank :]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
reef lover said:
I Have same thing on my rocks and sand bed. After a week it start open up a bit and I'm 90% sure its feather duster

Are feather dusters good?

It means the water quality is pretty good then they grow. If it's aitapsia then its a problem

If they are a single strand it may be spoinid (sp?) worms. They are basically a filter feeder I think. Seem harmless enough or so I've read. Mine haven't caused any problems. They don't seem to bother my feather dusters when they drape across their crown. Some of mine have 2 or 3 worms from a single tube.

Ingy said:
If they are a single strand it may be spoinid (sp?) worms. They are basically a filter feeder I think. Seem harmless enough or so I've read. Mine haven't caused any problems. They don't seem to bother my feather dusters when they drape across their crown. Some of mine have 2 or 3 worms from a single tube.

Yeah I looked it up. It's spinoid worms

Mae17 said:
UPDATE :]

I did a water change three days ago

so I tested the water today

Ph 8.0
Am 0
Ni 0
Na 10
Salt 1.022

But my black clown still wont eat.. I tried other food. Nope. Shes acting normal though.

Wow you only running your salinity at. 022? I'm running at. 025

reef lover said:
Wow you only running your salinity at. 022? I'm running at. 025

I usually keep it around 024 but that day it was low. But as long as its at least 022 I'm good.

I would suggest you keep it at. 025 . As you see in most reference for coral and fish that's better for them even. 026

reef lover said:
I would suggest you keep it at. 025 . As you see in most reference for coral and fish that's better for them even. 026

Well I don't mix my own water so it's kind hard to do that. I just been using per mixed and haven't had a problem yet. But I'll try.

Its not tgat hard to mix ur own Mae.. you should try. Even now I'm tryijg out esv saltwater system AMD its prwtry good and right on the dot. 025 if you follow the instruction

Back
Top Bottom