Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-16-2011, 10:03 PM   #121
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Ahhhhh. Hit send by accident. This are the pics of some of the things from the last few days. There's more. But all the lights went out and I feel bad turning on the room lights. Will get better pics tomorrow. No more coral for a while for me

Old 10-16-2011, 10:17 PM   #122
Aquarium Advice Addict

Have a question. What do you think the best level of calcium is for a reef tank? I checked mine tonight and it's at 460. Should I go higher? Lower?

Also. I'm not sure why- but my trates are at almost 40ppm. Why would this be?? Ammonia is 0 trites are 0 ph 8.3 calcium 460. That's all I can test at home. What else do I need to test for to figure this out???

Thanks!

Old 10-17-2011, 01:41 AM   #123
Aquarium Advice Addict

460 is fine. You don't have anything that will really eat up calcium at this point. But even if you had a bunch of sps, 460 is still good.

My recomendation to you is to stop buying coral for at least a month. With all your new additions, your water is all over the place. You need to do a bigger than normal water change and test.

I would test ph, nitrite, nitrate, ammonia, alk, calcium, and magnesium. You need to have these tests on hand. Take a break from buying and let water stabilize. Then you can get back to your addiction (at least a month).
Old 10-17-2011, 02:17 AM   #124
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lol. My wallet says I can wait a month. Tonight I did a 20 gallon WC. I'll test again tomorrow that way everything has a chance to mix well. Thanks!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:38 PM   #125
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ummm. Help! Lol. So the rose tip bubble anemone that I bought on Saturday has split in two today. Hopefully this means that it is healthy. But the real concern of mine is that I don't know if there is anything that I need to do?
Old 10-18-2011, 01:31 AM   #126
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well rose bubble tips seem to split more than others for whatever reason. Just leave it. Now you have 2. If you hate it, send it to me.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:24 PM   #127
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well - I don't know if I just didn't know t before, or it just happened. But now I have three rose tip bubble anemones. Is this normal?
Old 10-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #128
Aquarium Advice Addict

My friend owns a high-end online coral company and his original rtba has split 6x per month for a year. He then sells them for 100 bucks each. So it is believed that nems split when unhappy, I'm not sure this is the case with the roses. They seem to split a lot. My local reef club gives away dozens at each meeting from owners that have too many. So you could sell them (if you can get them off their rock) or just enjoy them.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #129
Aquarium Advice Addict

The thing that bothers me is that none of them have really opened back up yet sine they split!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #130
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well they did just rip in half and create a new critter. There is some healing. Usually a few days to a week to open all the way up. I had one split and the newest one hid for weeks before reappearing. Are they staying put or walking all over?

Tags
reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com