Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-10-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
My Plumbing design, any thoughts?

I have been working on setting up a three tank system one common sump, currently I have one up and running on a canister, and am doing water changes manually. I hope this pic comes through. My thoughts are all tanks will overflow into a single manifold that will dump into one of two identical salt mix tanks fitted with heaters, circ pumps and ATO's the water then flows out to the sump through it and back to the tanks each on their own return pumps. The reason for the mix tanks is both for water volume (40 additional gallons) and convenience. Only one mix tank will be operating in the system at a time the other will be drained refilled and mixing fresh saltwater then once a week or so I can do a water change with the flip of four valves then repeat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-162492454.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	75861

Any thoughts are welcome.

Scubaboy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm sure the plumbing part of it could work but all of those tanks will require different parameters and supplements. I think bad idea to combine water from 3 different types of saltwater setups.

Mpfaff77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
How about three separate designs for each tank. I agree using one for all three may be trouble if one gets sick.

Buttttt you could include a shutoff in line to turn one or both off and go with a hang on filter or canister until you can fix a water problem or sick fishy.
Saltwaterfishgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

design, plumbing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com