My REDSEA max /first SW tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
.... I don't know I though I was just supposed to reduce the light cycle not completely cut it out.

If you have nothing photosynthetic you can easily black out the tank. Some will even do a 3 day blackout even with coral and report success, though I've never personally tried as I solved my issues with a large refugium, ro water, gfo, and minimally feeding.

The problem was my pet sitter. Accidentally left the pumps off for almost a full 24 hours. Flow has been restored and things are clearing up.

That other picture was when I was gone. This is now that in back home. No siphoning has been done. All I've done is a water test and add RO for evaporation ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395590008.625700.jpg
The bottom left is my lowest flow spot I think. Algea has always started there first

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395612714.573389.jpg LFS had this advertised as blue Xenia. Checked out some forums and it not actually the same pulsing Xenia I had originally thought. But seemed simply enough to care for. So I got it.

Sniper hank. Will monitoring and keeping calcium and KH help encourage coraline growth? I know it's not a necessary part of te system but that purple color really looks great in the rocks haha

Coralline will grow pretty much regardless as long as it is introduced. I run higher than normal calcium and alk in my system and it is still slow growing in the tank for whatever reason. Then there are other systems where it grows so fast off of even regular IO they have to scrub it off of powerheads to they'll work.

Haha it's doesn't seem to be growing much in my tank. I love that deep purple color. Will a 425 be to much flow for my corals? Koralia 425 I want to put it on the back wall or back right blowing on te front glass I need to add more flow to help with the cyano. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395787489.467667.jpgLEFT
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395787543.160184.jpgfront
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395787565.357399.jpgright

Because it is killing the bacteria(Cyanobacteria) which ends up in water column to be skimmed out.

Started a timer and dosed cyano meds 2 days ago. Meds said to let it run 48 hrs no skimmer minimal light.
So I dosed , shut off skimmer blacked out tank for 24hrs with blanket. Then left lights of for next 24. Timer was a total of 50 hours running the meds. Skimmers back on. Lights are back on. Skimmers going crazy foaming and making tons of water. So I'll adjust so it just skimms regularly.

Got brine shrimp for my flame angel for the first time.

Also got another tiny polyp zoa. The LFS called it a sea mat. Seems to be just a hunter green zoa. Pictures once it opens up. Officially week 13. Going to be gone for 2 months starting next week so my wife of doing water changes. *crosses fingers* hopefully just one five gallon WC a week and I come home to happy corals.

Skimmer is back to normal. Everything's tuned and ready to go.
I'm going to be leaving for 8 weeks
My wife is in charge of water changes and feeding. Hopefully I don't come home to salt soup

Make sure you have all pumps and plugs marked or at least diagramed out. If you get a call that something is amiss you want to be able to easily describe the remedy.

There is a controll panel with 5 switches. Each one is label for what it controls. Pretty handy ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396449797.175832.jpg

I've been gone almost two weeks and my wife has done well with the reef! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397773516.146054.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397773546.232473.jpg
Second picture actually was first
Then the first pic was 2 days later

My green sea mat moved! ALOT. Is this common?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400693510.243637.jpg. So my two colonies ....spawned these two polyps between them and these "strings" showed up.
What are they?!?!?
If they are a pest how do I deal with them?

Back
Top Bottom