Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-03-2003, 06:17 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Freak

Nice Work!

Great looking tank for only 3 months! Your LR looks so cool. I have a 55 gal i am just getting setup, where did you get your live rock?...If you don't mind me asking, as I am in some debate about where to get mine?

Old 07-03-2003, 12:24 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
where did you get your live rock?...
Welcome to the .org!

Well, It's quite a hike, but I got mine at the LFS here in St. Louis It's Fiji rock, and I hear that liveaquaria.com has some pretty good deals. My wife does all the arranging in my tank. I had everything piled in the middle just like everyone else. She didn't want anything to do with it so we rearranged it. On that note, speaking from experience, do NOT rearrange the tank the same day you add fish. Not good 8O I lost 3 of 4 Damsels that way when I was kicking off the cycle. Stress can be a real buggar!

Anyone else have any suggestions on LR?

Old 07-03-2003, 12:43 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

i also hear liveaquaria is good.
Old 07-03-2003, 08:58 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to ConanTheLibraia Send a message via Yahoo to ConanTheLibraia
macs=easy (the only problem I have is sometimes feel like their too easy). Hey d9hp, I hear you were into photo editing and working with graphics from another post, well, for that kindof work you cant beat a mac. My dad worked at Delancy printing for a number of years, you wouldnt see any PCs there.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:03 PM   #35

That is very true of MAC. Industry leaders in Graphic Technology.
Old 07-03-2003, 09:39 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Activist

I am going to start a computer thread in the lounge, just to keep this one on the right track!
Old 07-06-2003, 04:18 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks Fishy!
Old 07-06-2003, 11:45 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

Conan, I just don't like Macs. that will never change, also I do a lot with HTML, but regardless I will never own a mac.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:54 AM   #39

http://mike.disorient.net/uploads/videos/mac.wmv

EnJoy
Old 07-06-2003, 03:27 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Regular

Oh Timbo... You know, people generally don't like things that they don't understand. Sometimes, they are even scared to try something different. The thing about most Mac users, is they've tried the Windows thing and got really fed up with the classic blue screen, constantly updating drivers, and just general poor performance. In my case, I wanted to get more into the Unix operating system, but didn't want to do the Linux thing. There's just something wrong with an operating system two months off the keyboard with a 6 month service life 8O

Anyway, the point is, try it before you shy it, and don't criticize those who are different. I'm sure you would agree that the time spent criticizing and ridiculing less than 1% of computer users worldwide could be better spent working on your reef tank

Tags
reef, reef tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com