My reef tank (movie)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It does create a wave effect much like the natural water movement on a coral reef. I found Kevin's documentation on the device:

http://216.168.47.67/cis-fishnet/seascope/00SS1705.htm

and here's an interesting alternative that seems doable on a much smaller scale:

http://www.breeders-registry.gen.ca.us/Reprints/MFM/v11_aug96/simple_surge.htm

I've often thought about scaling something down for my tank. But I will wait until I build a house with a dedicated room. The equipment is just not pretty :D And I want to build a 7,000 gallon tank to show him up... :roll: Yeah right!

Your film was really cool. Plus, I was glad to see another Mac user here!!

Hey now, go easy on Macs! Without them you would be running MSDOS v.47.2.1 :mrgreen:

Ok, whatever. I am still sticking to well, anything else.

I used to be the same way. I am an NT admin turned IIS web admin turned Apache web on Linux admin. But you just can't beat OS X. And how about that new G5!!! Holy smokes, Intel boxes are now obsolete 8) At least until IBM folds and gives up the 64-bit processor to the next highest bidder...

That said, If I had the option, I would run OS X on Intel because I don't like paying the premium for hardware :evil:

That's a long tentical plate coral in the sand. The bubble tip is off behind the smaller of the two rock structures. For some reason, he insists on hiding from my ultra powerful pc lighting :roll:

Intel boxes are now obsolete At least until IBM folds and gives up the 64-bit processor to the next highest bidder...

They wont have too. They will be just as ignorant as they were when grandfather Bill took them DOS and they turned their nose up and walked away..Someone will corner the market and leave them in the dust as usual..IBM, is the only computer that isn't IBM compatable.... :twisted:

Nice Work!

Great looking tank for only 3 months! Your LR looks so cool. I have a 55 gal i am just getting setup, where did you get your live rock?...If you don't mind me asking, as I am in some debate about where to get mine?

where did you get your live rock?...

Welcome to the .org!

Well, It's quite a hike, but I got mine at the LFS here in St. Louis :) It's Fiji rock, and I hear that liveaquaria.com has some pretty good deals. My wife does all the arranging in my tank. I had everything piled in the middle just like everyone else. She didn't want anything to do with it so we rearranged it. On that note, speaking from experience, do NOT rearrange the tank the same day you add fish. Not good 8O I lost 3 of 4 Damsels that way when I was kicking off the cycle. Stress can be a real buggar!

Anyone else have any suggestions on LR?

macs=easy (the only problem I have is sometimes feel like their too easy). Hey d9hp, I hear you were into photo editing and working with graphics from another post, well, for that kindof work you cant beat a mac. My dad worked at Delancy printing for a number of years, you wouldnt see any PCs there.

That is very true of MAC. Industry leaders in Graphic Technology.

I am going to start a computer thread in the lounge, just to keep this one on the right track!

Conan, I just don't like Macs. that will never change, also I do a lot with HTML, but regardless I will never own a mac.

Oh Timbo... You know, people generally don't like things that they don't understand. Sometimes, they are even scared to try something different. The thing about most Mac users, is they've tried the Windows thing and got really fed up with the classic blue screen, constantly updating drivers, and just general poor performance. In my case, I wanted to get more into the Unix operating system, but didn't want to do the Linux thing. There's just something wrong with an operating system two months off the keyboard with a 6 month service life 8O

Anyway, the point is, try it before you shy it, and don't criticize those who are different. I'm sure you would agree that the time spent criticizing and ridiculing less than 1% of computer users worldwide could be better spent working on your reef tank :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom