My reef tank (movie)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishy929

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just wanted to share a short 4 minute Quicktime clip of life in my three month old reef tank. I was really really bored the other night so I broke out the DV cam and caught some pretty good footage of my clowns playing in my new plate coral (my bubble tip anenome declined to be on camera.) Of course, the original footage is much nicer (read clearer), but wasn't exactly suitable for download :D As it is, it is a tad over 15 mb.

Enjoy! http://homepage.mac.com/houseofwindsor/reef.mov

wow that is awesome i had to watch it twice...how big is the tank it looks huge love the rock work and your fish choices. (y)

Thanks guys! The tank is a 55 gallon with 75 lbs of live rock expertly arranged by my wife:) The only possible problem child is the Domino Damsel. He is growing at a phenomenal rate. And oddly enough, my Blue Surgeon is the most aggressive...

Man, that looks so much larger than a 55. I saw a hippo tang tonite and it was the size of a quarter, i swear it would be perfect for my 5.5

Cool Beans! :eek: Very nice movie. Enjoyed it very much. Nice set up, very clean. Love the maroon clowns and yellow Tang, nice contrast. BTW did I spy a Dragon Wrasse? (The black and white fish in the beginning - not the Domino Damsel)

Joe Mac

Joemacros - the fish you are referring to is probably my Banded Sleeper Gobi. He is actually a gunmetal grey, but looks black in the movie.

d9hp - Thanks for the compliment, but my camera skills actually suck :D My camera is really good at removing camera shake.

All of these responses have given me the urge to do shorter, better quality films to put on my website. I really want to get a shot of the Percs with the anenome. They are so funny because they start twitching and getting after one another...a couple of little freaks :lol:

Here's a movie of my other tank... Ok, so it's not mine :D It belongs to my department head that sparked my interest in this SW business. He's got a 2,000 gallon reef named Zilla II. He is building a new house around a 5,000 gallon tank right now 8O Damn upper management!!!

http://www.scs.cmu.edu/~cap/raid/people/kevinc/Z2101799.mpg
(40mb)
More information about his tank is at http://www.seaplace.org/kevinc

It's fairly impressive 8) Anyone on the board have a bigger tank???

WOW! lots of tangs, the unknown coral looks like favia. But I dont know. Great tank, I dont know what all the extra stuff is.

That is a HUGE leather

Yeah, he constantly complains about it :D His tank is so big that he physically gets in it to clean 8O It's hands down the largest home tank in the area, and his new one is 2.5x bigger!

That will be cool, but what is all that surge or whatever equipment he was talking about?

Saltcreep looked like it was a large problem

Awesome little film :)

Also a great way to document fish health, color and size!

Holy jebus. 5,000 gallons?! The biggest one I've ever heard of (that was privately owned) was Mr 4000's 4,00 gallon tank. He apparently took it down when the humidity from the tank destroyed his house LOL

i have 2 words for that one modified for sensitive eyes...wholly crap 8O

what is all that surge or whatever equipment he was talking about?

In teh simplist terms, the Carlson Surge Device (CSD), what Kevin's device is based on, is a device that pumps water out to a resevoir and is "dumped" back into the tank all at once causing a surge of water. The Reverse Carleson Surge Device (RCSD) is Kevin's method of creating water movement. The water is forced in to the resevoir all at once causing the water to shift and hence your movement in the tank. The water is then slowly added back to the system. The exact opposite of the CSD.

Make sense?

Back
Top Bottom