my rock is coming my rock is coming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goinpostal

Aquarium Advice Regular
airborne express just called he is on his way
oh my god i'm so scared, nervous, oh and excited
what is i don't know all the pest they'll reek havoc on my tank
first time for buying rock!

ok yes i did do the dip
it is not bad looking i did put it in my tank
there were lots of crabs some dead a bunch of star fish
this barnacle looking thing not so sure what it is called but it is alive cause it opens and these little things come out like its eating or something
cool looking snails worms?
and some other things that i have no idea what they are! i'll need to look in my books to see
very nice though i thinks lots of coraline algae
my tank is still cloudy though is it okay that i put them in there just for now and put them where i want them when it clears up a bit

iy did smell a little when i opened it not to rank though

this is sooooo exciting i can not wait til the water clears more so i can see better there are things popping out everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!

cj10488 said:
is it from liverock.com?
You are going to Love it..

James

I agree, I'm having my second order from liverock.com shipped today for tomorrow delivery.
I'm impressed with their rock and their principle of "fresh" rock vs uncured, pre-cured and cured rock.
Their rocks do not haved the deep purple encrusted knarled look of Fiji rock, but it does have lifeforms in which you won't find in cured Fiji or Marshall Island rock. It also won't devestate your tank and stink up your whole house for 4 weeks like transhipped uncured LR from the pacific, which you are basically curing yourself.
Last item before I get off my soapbox, Mike Nichols & Zack Schwartz of liverock.com also does certainly take good care of their customers. In each order I have placed, I get a call from either Zack or Mike letting me know the day before that they will be shipping and they also give you what you specify in terms of size. For example, Mike called me today to verify my shipping address because it was different from the last order and he also confirmed with me the sizes that I wanted. We also had a disscussion about the pro and cons about high salinity and carbonated dips regarding hitch hiking pests. His thoughts were that these dips causes great damage to the bacteria and of course, the lifeforms attached to the LR. He said that it kind of defeats the purpose of buying "fresh" rocks. I had also asked him about the unwanted mantis shrimp and his reply was that the mantis shrimp has gotten a very bad reputation. Mike said that the spear totting, fish killing mantis originates from the pacific and that the mantis down in the Gulf or Keys are not that worrysome. They might take out a mullosk or two but are relatively harmless.
My point was really to share with new potential customers is that Mike, asked me what size Nano tank, what were the dimensions, all so that he can pick out the appropriate sizes for my application.
He even mentioned that the JBJ nano cube has become popular enough that he's had several calls asking for LR regarding the nano cube.
Lol, Mike said that he'll put together a Nano package consisting of what I had ordered for a 12g cube. Maybe he'll call it "pecan's nano package".

mike was very nice and informative gave me great size rocks for my tank
i must say thank i can't believe how fast the water cleared up after i put the rock in my water was cloudy for days with now sign to a end but i can see everything i am very pleased i will definitely order again when i ready

Back
Top Bottom