My rocks fell need advice on securing them

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shaker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok as you see I have a tall tank. It's 30 inches tall , 20 inches wide and 18 inches deep.

I just put the rocks in a few days ago.

Well today it appears that my engineer golby is too strong and knocked it over.

The stones are now leaning against my front glass in the exact position i laid them.

I'm gonna take them all out tomorrow and secure them somehow in that shape.

I was thinking using PVC pipe to help secure the rocks and using marine epoxy .

Any other ideas.

Attachments

• image-1361475485.jpg
    image-1361475485.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 112
Thanks and once the clay hardens i can place it right back in the tank correct...

It would be best to take the rocks out and then apply it the way you want or you could just apply it in the tank as it is waterproof and hardens underwater.

Well my engineer golby digs and pushes sand around all day so that's how it fell. I'm gonna take all the rock out and use the clay that was mentioned and then put it all back in the tank.

You just need the rocks on bare glass, and have the sand around them. The goby is gonna dig the sand, so if the rocks are touching glass there's nowhere for them to go...

Ok I'll try that as well... Thank you both for the advice ...

Ok I'll try that as well... Thank you both for the advice ...
If they have become live don't take them out I forgot to mention if its just base rock its OK but if its live do it in the tank. The clay takes about 6-8 hours to harden.

They are Marco dry rock from key west and have only been in the tank for a few days. Do you think they are live yet.

So I redid it today. Made sure there is a stronger base. " pushed the rocks down to the bottom of the glass".

As you can see I made it wider and used the back of the glass as a support. Now there is much more hiding spots and caves.

What do y'all think??

Still a lil cloudy from moving the rocks

Attachments

• image-389024024.jpg
    image-389024024.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 75
  • image-3296495294.jpg
    image-3296495294.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 84
  • image-1823814774.jpg
    image-1823814774.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 96