Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-11-2019, 02:19 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

That should work great, you may want to stick a korilia 240 behind the scape still just to ensure nothing collects back there, but the gyre might be enough, just keep an eye on it. Jaebo makes some nice adjustable pumps for an affordable price too

Old 07-11-2019, 02:54 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to abrahamavelar Send a message via Yahoo to abrahamavelar
Just got this pump what you think
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190711_125331.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	313400  

Old 07-11-2019, 05:16 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Nice, Iíve never tried them. I got out of the hobby right about the time the maxspect version was first getting ready to come out
Old 07-11-2019, 06:02 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to abrahamavelar Send a message via Yahoo to abrahamavelar
This cost me about 130 but with this I can use one or 2 propellers I can do pretty much everything I need with this since I can select the strength and other wise I was gonna have to get 2 and pay 40 a piece and the koralia controller thing came out cheaper this way
Old 07-11-2019, 06:53 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very popular. Lots of flow. You should like it.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:32 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by flchamp89 View Post
Very popular. Lots of flow. You should like it.
Question is how do I know if I have too much flow for my coral
Old 07-11-2019, 08:38 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm tryin to keep acans pulsing Xenia some zoa's some brain some isolated gsp and a red or blue antlers looking coral maybe a strawberry clam or small clam
Old 07-12-2019, 03:25 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrahamavelar View Post
Question is how do I know if I have too much flow for my coral
Each coral is different. Your rock obviously affects your flow as well. I can tell you that the ice cap should be more than enough. Once you set up the ice cap play with the placement and set the flow you THINK you will like. If possible try to plan ahead on what corals you want. Figure out there flow and par needs. Try and figure out ahead of time where you want them in your tank. You'll still have to adjust flow. It can take months to get par and flow dialed in for some reefers. My current build is on month 5 and I just now feel like I got it right. Nothing happens fast in a reef tank.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:52 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrahamavelar View Post
I'm tryin to keep acans pulsing Xenia some zoa's some brain some isolated gsp and a red or blue antlers looking coral maybe a strawberry clam or small clam

What are you using for lighting? The stock lights wonít support sps or a clam
Old 07-12-2019, 09:18 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by flchamp89 View Post
Each coral is different. Your rock obviously affects your flow as well. I can tell you that the ice cap should be more than enough. Once you set up the ice cap play with the placement and set the flow you THINK you will like. If possible try to plan ahead on what corals you want. Figure out there flow and par needs. Try and figure out ahead of time where you want them in your tank. You'll still have to adjust flow. It can take months to get par and flow dialed in for some reefers. My current build is on month 5 and I just now feel like I got it right. Nothing happens fast in a reef tank.
I mainly wan to keep some acans some zoas some gsp some Xeniaís and one of those blue o red cactus looking coral and for that one I know they need high flow high light so I got a spot for it from the moment I was setting my tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedsReefs10 View Post
What are you using for lighting? The stock lights wonít support sps or a clam
Iím using ledís the ones that came with the Biocube the spot I have set up for the itís between 3-4 inches from the light

Tags
tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com