My tank SMELLS!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ti6al4v_15

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just set up my 90 gallon saltwater and it smells bad. It has the whole house smelling. It has only been cycling for a couple days is this why it smells so bad??

Thanks,

Lane

Did you use uncured LR in the set up? It is likely that it is stinking cause of the cycle, but before we can be sure...you need to tell us just how you set it up.

I am setting it up as a fish only tank so there is only a couple pieces of rock from my minireef and i am posative that those are cured.

lane

what about a skimmer? are you using one? and if you are sometimes the buildup in there causes my room to smell really bad until i empty it. so if you are using a skimmer check it to make sure that isn't what smells

OK, tell us more about how the tank is set up...
What equipment?
What substrate?
What type of water did you use to start the system?
How are you cycling the tank?

it smells like drying algae or when you just take some algae out of your tank and smell it. I am usuing live aragonite for substrate. I have a Hot magnum attached to a UV sterilizer, a Bak-Pak skimmer and a emperor 400 for filtration and am using a aquaclear 802 and 402 as circulation. I used RO water. I haven't put any other bacterial additives to it should I?

Back
Top Bottom